ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:43 pm 
Sher'Tul

Dopaminka wrote:
darkgod wrote:
The PvE-PvP thingie was meant to be in Forbidden Cults actually but I realized I have no way of preventing some possible abuse by bad people so I'm afraid I have to leave it out :<

Awh :( I see. Very sad, it sounded super cool. Hopefully one day someone will discover anti-abuse enchantments that will make it possible to be included in the game :) thanks a ton for reply! Will be getting Cults on day one.

"Dark Spirit 'MadnessOnlyBTW' has invaded your world!"
Can't wait.

I've also updated the OP with a download link.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:50 pm 
Higher

Looks interesting so far. I'm looking forward to the day I won't see Sun Infusions anymore.

About the whole Weapon Mastery thing, will the weapon damage % values be slightly increased to make up for the lack of physical power or is it just a global nerf to weapon damage?

Also I keep hearing about 1.6 being the end of drowning but I don't see anything about it, apart from this

Micbran wrote:
Einzbern wrote:
Wasn't drowning in town supposed to finally be removed, no more T3 at the start in Last Hope, and shops update more often?

Yes, and shops update around every 10ish levels now (more often in the early game). Hence why the early game was re-balanced so much, to make up for these "crutches."

which seems like a terrible change (And how exactly does this affect drowning? Do all NPCs get infinite air or something?). I'm all for giving players more incentive to use tier 1/2 equipment (it's in the game after all, there should be no reason to skip it), but shops in AoA are already a huge chore (5+ towns to check for gear, it just takes forever), and having to go shopping every 10 levels just seems way too painful. I'd rather turn every enemy in Trollmire into a randboss if I want to get hurt.

Oh and I'm kinda sad to see no changes to the ID (something really needs to be done to adress the lack of good inscriptions in the early levels, and with all those new ones added in 1.6 it seemed like the perfect time to do that) :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 pm 
Thalore

The AI update means that NPCs will now try to move out of dangerous terrain, like water. That doesn't sound like it will actually remove drowning, just make it super tedious for classes without ways to move NPCs around without hurting them. Still, I haven't yet played 1.6, so its possible that there are some other relevant changes I haven't heard mentioned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 pm 
Uruivellas

Arcvasti wrote:
The AI update means that NPCs will now try to move out of dangerous terrain, like water. That doesn't sound like it will actually remove drowning, just make it super tedious for classes without ways to move NPCs around without hurting them. Still, I haven't yet played 1.6, so its possible that there are some other relevant changes I haven't heard mentioned.

Town NPCs just don't generate as rares, bosses, etc. any longer, as far as I can tell. You could still drown the folks, I think, it just won't gain you anything.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:18 pm 
Halfling

Wow, Sawrd dropped from Undead Starter Boss :shock: . Is there like increased drop rate for purposes of testing or something? Also is being able to redistribute all stat points instead of just 4 for purposes of testing as well?

PS. New Virulent Disease seems to work pretty sweet with Retch, finally Ghoul gets some love :P I though Acid Strike was about to be redesigned as well, am I wrong or has it not been implemented yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm 
Thalore

You should inspect that Sawrd more closely. It's a joke item right now, and is being removed entirely. The drop rate was massively increased so that testers can see the joke before it disappears.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 pm 
Archmage

minmay wrote:
If centaurs in DCSS kited you it would be god-awful (and if you don't believe me you can try Crawl 4.1).

Yeah, I remember I once stumbled on discussion about AI scripts in DCSS - I never thought about it before and it seemed to me that "better AI ---> better for game".
In that discussion was revealed that DCSS devs made AI arcing semi-randomly on intent, because yeah - assymethrical game, you are the one, they are the many.
So, better scripts is a thing you need to watch closely for...