ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:47 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

I threatened to do it, and by golly, I did it. :twisted: And while I was working on it, I had another inspiration. This was on a different character, a Doomelf, and while I was playing with customization, I looked at the dark gray Skin Color 8 and thought, "…this really needs a white bikini instead of pink." And since I was already knee-deep in fiddling with bikini cosmetics, I immediately thought, "Gentlemen, we can recolor this. We have the technology." :mrgreen:

Which brings us to two new addons, Bikini Colors and Thorn Bikini. Thorn Bikini, as promised, is a companion piece to Cathbald's Bristlebarb addon; when you have the Body of the Thorn talent and are (of necessity) not wearing body armor, it modifies the character doll's cosmetics to draw you in a thorn bikini or mankini instead of the default boring undergarments. Bikini Colors is slightly more ambitious: it replaces the "Bikini/Mankini" option in the Customize dialog on the character creation screen with a list of several bikini/mankini colors to choose from, all of which should be functionally identical to the original article for achievement purposes.

Now, I claim no particular artistic skill here. :oops: The various bikinis and mankinis in Bikini Colors are clumsy palette swaps of the original pink bikini and green mankini, and the bikini/mankini graphics in Thorn Bikini are just the character doll images for Nature's Blessing cropped in the shape of a bikini or mankini. And I may have put slightly less effort into making the mankinis look good than for the bikinis. :oops: :wink: But such as it it, I humbly offer it up for your enjoyment.

[Implementation notes (Bikini Colors):]
Code:
Hooks:
  ToME:load [to add our bikinis]
  ToME:PlayerDumpJSON [to clean up charsheet on the way out]
Superload:
  mod.dialogs.Birther:
    customizeOptions() [to ensure that only one bikini can be selected]

[Implementation notes (Thorn Bikini):]
Code:
Hooks:
  ToME:load [to modify the Body of Thorn talent]
  ToME:PlayerDumpJSON [to clean up charsheet on the way out]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:48 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Frequently Asked Questions:

Hey! My bikini isn't showing up right on the character sheet!

That's unavoidable, unfortunately. The characters vault on te4.org obviously doesn't know about our custom bikini/mankini images, and in their absence the character doll image on your online character sheet would probably end up naked. While we suppose that might appeal to some, :| we prevent it by modifying the character sheet for export to the server, replacing our custom bikini/mankini graphics with the corresponding default graphics. We Apologize for the Inconvenience.™