ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm 
Thalore

Hey, folks. I'm coming back to the game after quite some time away. The majority of my winner characters are from older versions (1.5.10, for the most part), and I have a lot of good items I've love to send through the vault to new toons.

There's a pretty dire warning message about doing this, but I thought I'd ask what the risks are. Am I going to have my game blow up for sending old items through the vault? Or is it more of a boiler plate just so people can't complain in the rare chance things go wrong?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:25 am 
Perspiring Physicist

I think its just boiler plate.
Most items are completely self contained. As far as code goes, and I think their code is attached to the object in the vault. (Could be wrong about that.)
The only thing I can think of that might go wrong is if its got a bonus to a talent or talent category that doesn't exist anymore. As a missing sanity check might cause the game to get upset.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:50 pm 
Archmage

If you have it on steam there's a way to change the game back to it's 1.5 state so you can play your old characters without them bugging out. I had to do this to finish up some old runs, after making the mistake of trying to play a 1.5 character in 1.6 and the game is completely FUBAR now.