ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:15 am 
Thalore

I was fighting the Grand Corrupter with my Ghoul Paradox Mage. I died. When I respawned, I was able to force him into offering the attack on the Zigur. When we arrived there, I used Temporal Reprieve to get a breather. In that space, I put my cloak back on and off again to re-activate it's effects. When I came back, the Zigur were friendly and the Grand Corrupter and his Rhalore buddies were hostile. I cannot imagine that this is intended, as the Zigur normally hate me anyway.

edit: I can even shop in their store, talk to Myssil, and take the AM challenge. I picked up Mindstar Mastery just because.

Here's a link to the character: http://te4.org/characters/44331/tome/b0f835ec-3735-4ca1-b8de-bce6d7eb71b5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 pm 
Spiderkin

on the bright side, antimagic ghoul archmage sounds like an amazing challenge game idea

<mex> your posts lead to people like me being abused and murdered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:19 pm 
Higher

Actually, the cloak is indeed bugged, like a lot.

What I encountered was that after fortress lets you keep the cloak buff without wearing it, you can lose the buff while dying. I wasn't able to reproduce. It happens just like that - you get transferred to Eidolon and all your buffs are cleared and... you have no more of the buff! And if you've sold/mogged/destroyed your cloak you're stuck now unless you cheat (give it via console). I was not able to reproduce this bug. It happened twice on different characters (now I always keep the cloak, lol).

Another bug (or kinda bug) is that you can cancel the buff by right-clicking... it returns, sometimes. I dunno what makes it come back. But it can take a while. Again, if you dumped your cloak, seeing as you should no longer need it, that's a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:48 pm 
Higher

Something like this happened to me recently. But I didn't have any paradox powers, and it didn't make the Grand Corruptor hostile. Instead, I was a ghoul corruptor (my Fearscape spell may or may not have been involved in the error; I don't remember) and I somehow ended up with both the Rhaloren and the Zigur shopkeepers friendly to me. I also bought the mindstar talent category, just because.