ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vilespawn when you spawn
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm 
Wyrmic

Hello

Since a few dungeons i have noticed that regularly there's always a Vilespawn that spawn near my character in the middle of the battles and attack me.

It seems to be happening very regularly (post Dredfell), so i'm wondering if there's something i have that is forcing this Vilespawn regular spawning.

At the point i am, they're not very dangerous (as long as i am still cautious), but when i'm surrounded, they can sometime block for a few turn the way to a corridor and prevent me to control the battle into a chokepoint.

Here's the page with my current character, do you see something that would be responsible of this ?
http://te4.org/characters/7727/tome/1a4 ... b4c8f578eb

Or is it that somehow i'm with bad luck and a third (not joking, they're appearing that regularly) of the monsters i fight have a Vilespawn summon power ?

Here by example, after killing a few ice drakes and starting fighting a slimy ooze, this vilespawn popped up there

Last edited by Robsoie on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm 
Retired Ninja

It's that sword you're using.

When you crit with it it grows in power to a point. Once it reaches max power it resets and spits out a horror.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm 
Wyrmic

Thank you very much, i thought i was becoming crazy.
Damn, i hoped the grow in power meant that it was hitting harder and harder the more i was striking a foe.

Oh well, time to field another weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm 
Master Artificer

It does hit harder, or rather, it crits more often, and has more powerful crits. The vilespawn is the cap point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm 
Retired Ninja

It's a neat weapon though the vilespawn is more of an annoyance then anything else.

If it exploded for slime damage or something when it died and had less defense (why a pile of slime needs 30 something defense I can't figure) it would be less annoying, more dangerous, and offer some tactical consideration as to what to do with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 am 
Uruivellas

edge2054 wrote:
If it exploded for slime damage or something when it died and had less defense (why a pile of slime needs 30 something defense I can't figure) it would be less annoying, more dangerous, and offer some tactical consideration as to what to do with it.

I gave up on using Corpathus on my reaver. Constant resetting and spawning just pissed me off. I don't want to think about vilespawn, it slows the game down. If it was something I could summon from the sword when I need it, it would use it. Randomly spawning stuff that's not friendly is just distracting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:16 pm 
Cornac

The vilespawns that Corpathus summons are now friendly. Or at least they are to my dwarven bulwark.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm 
Master Artificer

Vastin wrote:
The vilespawns that Corpathus summons are now friendly. Or at least they are to my dwarven bulwark.

This is a pretty old thread, and a pretty old change. Try to keep look at post dates next time. ;).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm 
Sher'Tul

No idea why it's hostile. For me when I played a Reaver they were friendly and heck of a force to be reckoned with. I loved them.

Edit: Bah! Thread necromancer about. Beware!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:41 am 
Uruivellas

They carried a Gimmick of mine quite far, too. And I hadn't recalled them being hostile. I thought the Ooze was Neutral, actually.

That being said, they gave me quite a scare the first time I made one.