ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Playing again
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:37 am 
Halfling

Looking at it, I think that Timeline Threading is probably stronger than Stasis. I just took Stasis to free up my Inscription slot because I have to play with a shield.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:12 am 
Higher

I don't have much to offer about Paradox Mages, but I can tell you that I follow your thread daily as I'm not that great either, and it's valuable to learn from others as they go!

As for Timeline Threading or Stasis, I'd both as rather interchangeable at lower difficulties ... I'm not so sure once you get into the harder modes. I've seen in several places that Hidden Resources is almost mandatory for a Prodigy, though I'm not sure if you -have- to grab it first or if it could safely be the second grab. (I'd be leaning towards grabbing something like Cauterize first, as you mentioned!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:15 pm 
Halfling

Thanks for the support.

I found an amazing weapon and spent 4000 for a decent cloak. It would be better if I wasn't a caster, but is still good I think.

I have 1.5 Prides to go, no problems.

I am probably going to need to find some way to get additional levels.

I don't find myself using Hidden Resources often. Maybe because I haven't really included it in my rotation yet. I have found a few fights where things like Hidden Resources and Entropy are excellent though.

I keep thinking that I want to gt some Vault space for my awesome equipment.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm 
Halfling

I think there are at most 2 dungeons left? (crypt in east and 1 pride) I don't see the Golem Graveyard or the Ooze Nest.

http://te4.org/characters/66232/tome/9d ... 8a74863815 my character

I Could easily get the Emerald. With the Peterfied Wood that would make a truly amazing amulet.

I still am not sure about items: foot wear, second ring, amulet, belt... even back.

I Think I am satisfied with gloves. Although I haven't used them yet.

I probably can get only one more randard (4000 gold).