[b41-1.0.5] Talent Point Planner

A place to post your add ons and ideas for them

Moderator: Moderator

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Re: [b41-1.0.5] Talent Point Planner

#121 Post by Zizzo »

Took my first serious stab at an Adventurer recently; the idea of a character that walks around and passively kills everything has a visceral appeal. :twisted: Finding some of the talent trees I was looking for, though, turned out to be more difficult than necessary, since they're not presented in the order you might expect. Specifically, rather than being in alphabetical order by name, they appear to be listed in the order their definitions are loaded — so Spell/Undead drake, for instance, will be down with the steamtech stuff instead of with the rest of the spell trees defined by the main module.

So the obvious thing to do is re-sort the talent trees by name. I was going to write a new separate addon to do just that, but then I noticed that this addon was already sorting the trees internally, so we could just tweak that. And so v10h.7 adds a new game option, "[ZOmnibus] | Sort unlearnt talent trees by name", which does… well, exactly what it says on the proverbial tin. :wink: Known talent trees still sort in the default order, to reduce confusion. (And how well this works for translations will probably depend heavily on how well Lua handles lexicographic sorting for non-European languages…)

And while we're here, this release also fixes a small bug in handling of Wild-gift/Antimagic from the Zigur quest. Specifically, we weren't properly handling the case when the player already had the tree locked (again, Adventurers).
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."

astralInferno
Uruivellas

#122 Post by astralInferno »

oh my god I have wanted to make a mod that does that exact thing.
Have I told you you're a treasure recently?

Honestly, I would appreciate a "yes, and known trees too" option for that feature, but I understand if that would be extra effort. :)

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

#123 Post by Zizzo »

astralInferno wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:26 am oh my god I have wanted to make a mod that does that exact thing.
Have I told you you're a treasure recently?
*blush* (bows)
astralInferno wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:26 am Honestly, I would appreciate a "yes, and known trees too" option for that feature, but I understand if that would be extra effort. :)
Nah, that's easy; I can just tweak the game option to have a tri-state None/Unlearnt/All value. That just went out as v10i.

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

#124 Post by Zizzo »

Was looking for an excuse to start a new character, and GrayStillPlays' recent Ogre Marauder guide gave me a perfect one. :wink: Said guide depends heavily on the Legacy of the Naloren prodigy and the Exotic Weapon Mastery provided thereby, though, which the talent planner didn't support. Well, it does now, as of v10i.1, just released. We Apologize for the Convenience.™ :mrgreen:

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

#125 Post by Zizzo »

Okay, now we support Exotic Weapon Mastery from Legacy of the Naloren. :oops: Should've known I needed to test it on a new character instead of an existing one. That's going out as v10i.2. We Apologize for the Error.™