ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:49 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Sinister Stairs wrote:
  • I don't believe the Occult Egress runes/codes count as landmarks; it'd be cool if the "Show Landmarks" list would show the actual glyph, because sometimes viewing them on the map can be difficult based on one's tiles size.

After reading this thread about the poor legibility of the floor glyphs in Kroshkkur (I always did wonder what those blank squares of dirt were supposed to be), I have a better idea what you're going for here. And we already have an example of glyphs appearing in dialog text (the lore note in the Occult Egress), so there's precedent. Now, the code that puts the glyphs on the floor was clearly not written with the expectation that anyone else would need to know what glyph was on the floor, :? but such as it is, v5g.2 makes a stab at listing them as landmarks.

[Disclaimer: I've only tested this in Kroshkkur. When floor glyphs appear in other zones, do they also appear in a nice row like this? The glyph order does matter, after all, so I'd prefer to list them in the landmarks list in the proper order.]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:09 pm 
Wayist

Is it possible for us to get a customizable hotkey for go to landmark? So we can get to the place faster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:56 pm 
Higher

Zizzo wrote:
[Disclaimer: I've only tested this in Kroshkkur. When floor glyphs appear in other zones, do they also appear in a nice row like this? The glyph order does matter, after all, so I'd prefer to list them in the landmarks list in the proper order.]

No, in other zones, the glyphs are not lined up but they're still read left-to-right.

I don't recall finding glyphs in the same column, but if that ever occurred, it'd probably be read up-to-down. Personally, I'd be ok if the glyph landmarks were listed in the order they were found (or however they're hashed). It'd be easy enough to revisit each landmark to figure out the correct order, just like you'd normally do without this addon; but this feature would make it easier to find the glyphs again and read what the (sometimes illegible) glyphs represent.

Of course, if you could order the glyphs in that proper order, that would be icing on the cake; but might be more technically challenging and borders on spoiler information.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:26 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

swapoer wrote:
Is it possible for us to get a customizable hotkey for go to landmark? So we can get to the place faster.

Hmm, do you mean a "hotkey" hotkey, on the toolbar, or a keybinding, like <Alt-Shift-G> to open the talent point planner? [For reference, the latter would probably be significantly easier…]

Sinister Stairs wrote:
No, in other zones, the glyphs are not lined up but they're still read left-to-right.

[…]

Of course, if you could order the glyphs in that proper order, that would be icing on the cake; but might be more technically challenging and borders on spoiler information.

Well, as it happens, that's the order I'm already listing them in, so it works out just as well. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:36 am 
Wayist

Zizzo wrote:
swapoer wrote:

Hmm, do you mean a "hotkey" hotkey, on the toolbar, or a keybinding, like <Alt-Shift-G> to open the talent point planner? [For reference, the latter would probably be significantly easier…]

Both will do just fine.
If we can get a customizable hotkey, player can better utilize this function. Bring up the Esc menu and then press L for choosing Landmark is not quick enough in my opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:42 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

swapoer wrote:
Zizzo wrote:

Both will do just fine.

A keybinding it is, then. v5h, just released, now provides the keybinding "Miscellaneous | Show known landmarks", defaulting to <Alt-Shift-L> and configurable in the usual manner via the Key Bindings dialog. And I'm already finding it so convenient that I can't believe I never did this before… :wink: