So you want to win the game on roguelike normal mode?
Here is my sample character: http://te4.org/characters/2460/tome/c99 ... 6ff8f6d5b3
The absolute easiest win I've ever had. None of the high peak bosses even bothered me, nor any boss.
Vor Armoury RoD I did after final battle - took me barely any time at all. Just cast inner demons on one wyrm and step away. They night terrors will clear the room for you.
I died to Atamathon, but I was tired and didn't approach him correctly. I probably could have beaten him, as I have with weaker solipsists, but I was lazy.
So, key points if you want to win with a solipsist on normal. There are undoubtedly other ways, but this works for me and has been tested on hundreds of characters:
1. Grab every piece of +hp gear for the first 30 levels or so. I had helmet, cloak, gloves, belt, etc. Target: 500 HP asap.
2. Don't take 3rd and 4th talent in solipsism too early, as you can't defend against burst damage and loss of speed.
3. Order of spends: inscription slot > nightmare > inscription slot > discharge
4. Discharge in 1.0.4 is awesome, even with a few points. I could do 5000+ damage PER TURN if surrounded by high damage creatures andusing Mind Storm. And the most important use is against sleep-resistant creatures, namely, runed bone giants. you only have psychic assualt and discharge to hurt it. (final battle was a synch with mind storm on.)
5. Skip AM, and go for two shields, one teleport, regen , and phys/mag wild infusion. Put one shield on when enemies visible and one on when enemies NOT visible. This helps a lot going around corners and running into arrows etc. Will occasionally miss, but generally makes you much safer. Why shilelds? Because solipsists can't cope with massive burst damage. Resists are regularly countered by npc talents resist penetration, and AM shield and Dram Forge are insufficient.
6. When surrounded, TELEPORT. Don't wait even one turn, unless you are tanked and know your opposition.
7. Get Cunning/Survival first talent to 3, to disarm traps, and then go to far portal every time you can. traps in far portal will kill you otherwise, as most surround you with critters. This also helps in key zones (dark crypt, vor armoury, etc) and vaults
8. Get Psiblades for 750 gold, unlocked at 1.0, and go 5/1/3/0. The third talent is awesome when combined with last solipsism talent. You can survive about 7 turns with usually no damage (particularly with a shield). By then, you've killed everything.
9. Nightmare tree take to 5/5/1/5. But build it first as 1/1/1/5 asap, and leave on.
10. For psychic assault, take to 5/1/1/5 and use first and last talent only.
11. For Sleep generics, go to 5/5/1/0 or 5/5/1/1. Have sleep on autocast, as also psychic assault and sunder mind and nightmare. Why 5 for first talent? Each point reduces the cooldown. so 4 gives you the radius increase and 25% chance of contagion, but 5 gives you faster re-use, which is vital for solipsists.
12. do NOT put night terrors on autocast - it burns up psi too fast, and you want to use it on tough bosses, which might not be visible initially. With its long cd, it's way too risky to use on autocast.
13. take slumber to 1/1/5/0. The sandman talent makes your nightmare and sleep talent more effective more often.
14. take thought form initially to 3/1/1/1. Why? the second talent means it is resistant to your sleep/nightmare talents AND gives it more damage against sleeping npcs. the third talent gives you feedback, and thus makes it easier for you to use resonance and heal talents from feedback tree. and the fourth talent gives no boost to mindpower. but don't rely on this, as they die too often.
Once you have high mind damage increase, then go to 4/1/4/1, to give mind damage bonus to thought form. E.g. my thought-form was whacking creatures for 1000+ HP sometimes.
15. Also, on thoughtforms, create one and then check its attack stat. It will change dramatically depending on its equipment. Ive seen one warrior have an attack of 86, and then I recreate it, and it is 145 !!!!
16. Prodigies are Mental Tyranny and whatever. I took Eye of Tiger, but it doesn't make much difference. I've taken Cauterise, Blighted Summoning (but it's broken, so don't do that) etc. Mental Tyranny is best.
17. Set regen infusion to autocast on enemy. This refills your psi as you first encounter critters, which is vital to keep your speed up. Don't wait for it to go down.
18. Set resonance to autouse whenever available. Why? Because you often take damage from a critter you can't see. So if you have enough feedback to cast resonance field, then something is hurting you, even if you don't know what it is. Remember that this can crit. so by end, when mine absorbs 632 damage for example, with 200% crit multiplier, it absorbs 1264 damage over 10 turns!
19. Get light radius to 10 wherever possible. This is critical for seeing archers, who will kill you otherwise.
20. I avoid distortion, because it uses too much psi and too many turns to kill.
21. I avoid Dream Hammer, because it is a melee talent. You hit 10 rogues in a row, each with 40 on hit damage, and remember, you hit them twice, that's 800 damage to YOU from dream hammer. And 3 of the 4 work only adjacent to you, so unless you wish to hit and kill your thought form, it is too inflexible.
22. Stats are Wil then Wil/Con then Con then Cun. After that, you can pump one of Mag or Str of Dex, if you want a prodigy from one of them.