ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:42 pm 
Uruivellas

I keep getting an error message whenever I try to summon a ghoul or skeleton. In the more recent versions, it happens whenever an enemy is in view. Every turn. No add-ons enabled (I literally just spent a half-hour plus systematically disabling add-ons and starting new characters to see which add-on might be causing it so you could use that information, which was made all the more a headache since the error message popped up every single turn, so suiciding was time-consuming and I just had to do shut downs from the control panel) I have never figured out how to copy the error messages other than manually typing them out, and I wasn't really up for that after the aforementioned half-hour plus. I reported it, so I assume you can get the information from the developers? My version is up to date and I used a Cornac (the most inoffensive race) to do my testing. I just put one point each in the ghoul/skeleton trees, and added an extra point to Soulkeeper at creation. I also tried leveling up a bit before doing any summoning training, on the remote possibility that some later power could fix it. Other than the actual error message, I can't think of anything else to share that would be helpful, sorry.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 pm 
Perspiring Physicist

From the "Bug Reports for Dummies" Sticky:
Quote:
Finding the log file:
For Windows users, it will be called te4_log.txt and it will be in the same folder as the t-engine.exe.
For Mac users, I think it is called te4_log.txt and it will be in the same folder as the t-engine program.
For Linux users, the log is not automatically generated. You will need to run the game with something like > /home/te4_log.txt added to it. You can also add this to the launch options via Steam if you are using it.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 pm 
Uruivellas

Ah, okay, thanks. This one had lots of add-ons enabled and took place in ID, but the error message says I sent this particular one already, and the only one I sent was from a bare-bones, no add-ons, Cornac on first level of Trollmire. So I assume it's identical to that one.

Quote:
Lua Error## T_SKELETAL_GUARDIAN_RAZ Actor: 4984 Dread Dead ID
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:149>
Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:133: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:224: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'all' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:224: in function 'applyMasterNecromancer'
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:132: in function 'necroSetupSummonRaz'
...dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/skeletal-mastery-raz.lua:234: in function <...dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/skeletal-mastery-raz.lua:182>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:160: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:149>
At [C]:-1
At [C]:-1 error
At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:133 fct
At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:139 targetMode
At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:208 plain
At /engine/KeyCommand.lua:84

To add to the previous information, this took place at the start of the game. During character creation, I raised
Skeletal Mastery and Ghoul Mastery by one point apiece, as well as an extra point in Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:52 am 
Higher

Getting this error when i try to view the vampires talents from high necromancy

Quote:
Lua Error: /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:67: attempt to call field 'getAvoid' (a nil value)
At [C]:-1 getAvoid
At /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:67 info
At /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:82 info
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:5833 getTalentFullDescription
At /mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:1358 sort_talents
At /mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:1442 drawDialog
At /mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:222 switchTo
At /mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:57 on_change
At /engine/ui/Tab.lua:93 select
At /engine/ui/Tab.lua:54 fct
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 receiveMouse
At /engine/Mouse.lua:98 delegate
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:765 mouseEvent
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:485 fct
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

I found some gear with on-spell-hit procs, but I never got a proc from any gear.

I think Haunt and Death Knell should be triggering procs, but they weren't.

I was looking forward to getting a lot of procs from Haunt.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:05 am 
Wyrmic

I played a Shalore Bread Necromancer to around level 16 on insane.

Bugs:

Upon first learning talents in last hope, I got an error repeatedly for a few turns. It never reoccurred. I didn't think to grab it, but I remember that it was something like "all is a nil value" and it had something to do with high-necromancy.

You can give items to skeletons and ghouls, but you can't ever get them back.

I summoned a skeleton guardian on top of a projectile and got the following error:

After that the skeleton guardian remained immobile and wouldn't die no matter what. When I walked over the skeleton, it disappeared from the game. I tried to reproduce this by summoning the guardian on top of another similar projectile but couldn't. I suspect that this may only happen when summoned on top of a projectile that instantly freezes it, since that happened in the first instance but not the second.

re: Haunt

DoT effects like that generally don't trigger on_spell_hit stuff. Dunno what's up with Death Knell though.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:44 am 
Uruivellas

Quote:
Bread Necromancer

"The dead have... risen!"

(Sorry)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:59 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Are your undead not rising? Try our premium graveyard yeast.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm 
Thalore

Brief tiny bug report:
The Skeletal Guardian buff displays a wrong damage number for the guardian's counterattack.
It should be 100 times higher. (1% instead of 170% and so on)

EDIT: New bug, the Vampire talent from summoned vampires calls getAvoid instead of getDamage in its info field, causing an error.

EDIT 2 (the reediting): Essence of the Dead has the wrong level/stat requirements.

Even more bugs: Spectral Sight grants you telepathy of "What" or "_tlast_what"

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:40 pm 
Archmage

This is great. I was wondering what happened to Eternal Darkness, and now this is about 10x better.

I'm guessing that since Blighted Summoning is due to be axed, that we're not going to see a buff from there like with the Demented classes?

nsrr wrote:
Quote:
Bread Necromancer

"The dead have... risen!"

(Sorry)
We can now make undead yeasts!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm 
Uruivellas

Fixed most of the issues. I've no idea what's with Deathknell and procs as of yet though. Still need to fix Corpselight's intrusive graphic too.

Hunter - are you still getting that error after the latest version?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:07 pm 
Uruivellas

Razakai wrote:
Fixed most of the issues. I've no idea what's with Deathknell and procs as of yet though. Still need to fix Corpselight's intrusive graphic too.

Hunter - are you still getting that error after the latest version?

Hmm. Yes. Three different errors, neither of which was marked "Already Sent," so I'm confuzzled. Two of them are skeletal guardian and animate dead. The other occurs every time I see a hostile. In this case it was a large brown snake. I also tried leveling the two summoning talents *after* the initial character creation bit. There was a hostile in sight from the first turn, so I put in the points and tried to move away. I don't know if it's relevant, but because I now had talents cooling down, I noticed for the first time that the "hostile in sight" error somehow prevents the cooldown numbers, including resources and stuff like Deathknell and regeneration infusion from cooling down, even in the Eidolon. Let's see...I checked to see if the hostile error went away if I killed every enemy in sight and it didn't. And I don't need to have cast the summonings prior to that error for it to pop up. Those are the scenarios/questions I could think of to test for you. Let me know if there's anything else. Do you think it could have something to do with my settings? It seems odd that others can cast them just fine and I can't, so it sounds a lot like the problem is on my end, not yours.

I apologize in advance if I'm making your life harder with this dump from my log. As far as I can tell, it has all three errors plus some rather ominous-sounding failures having to do with profiles and such. I tried to make sure it only had the section with the errors:

Quote:
[LOG] TESTY MCTEST2 casts Animate Dead.
##Use Talent Lua Error## T_ANIMATE_DEAD_RAZ Actor: 4167 TESTY MCTEST2
Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:322: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:295: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'all' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265: in function 'applyMasterNecromancer'
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:132: in function 'necroSetupSummonRaz'
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:425: in function 'animateDead'
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:519: in function </data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:491>
/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:160: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:149>
At /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:322 useTalent
At /engine/interface/PlayerHotkeys.lua:170
At /engine/interface/PlayerHotkeys.lua:162 activateHotkey
At /engine/HotkeysIconsDisplay.lua:384 onMouse
At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1789 fct
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58
[USERCHAT] channel achievement batosku mainmenu The Arena false false
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/bird4.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/bird4.ogg" : <static>
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/cricket1.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/cricket1.ogg" : <static>
[ONLINE PROFILE] sending error
[LOG] #YELLOW#Error report sent, thank you.
[PROFILE] connection disrupted, trying to reconnect closed
[LOG] #YELLOW#Connection to online server lost, trying to reconnect.
[PlayerProfile] eventDisconnected
[LOG] Today is the 74th Pyre of the 122nd year of the Age of Ascendancy of Maj'Eyal.
The time is 11:01.
[LOG] #00ff00##UID:44:0#Talent Command Staff is ready to use.
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/creatures/snakes/snake_1.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/creatures/snakes/snake_1.ogg" : <static>
AI took for target 7861 large brown snake :: 4167 TESTY MCTEST2 81 < 100
Lua Error: /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'all' (a nil value)
At [C]:-1 __sub
At /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265 applyMasterNecromancer
At /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:132 necroSetupSummonRaz
At /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:469 animateDead
At /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/ghoul-mastery-raz.lua:475
At /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:1037 callTalent
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:5241 fireTalentCheck
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:581 actBase
At /mod/class/Player.lua:361 actBase
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:119 tickLevel
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:64 tick
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1489
---------------- Stack Dump ----------------
--------------- Stack Dump Finished ---------------
[LOG] Ran for 2 turns (stop reason: dialog is displayed).
[LOG]
[PROFILE] Got metaserver infos
[PROFILE] Thread connecting to profiles.te4.org on ports 2257 2258
[PROFILE] Thread connected to profiles.te4.org
[PROFILE] logged in! hunter
[PROFILE] Main thread got authed hunter
[PROFILE] Pull socket connected to profiles.te4.org
[ONLINE PROFILE] reconnecting to channels
[ONLINE PROFILE] reconnecting to channel mainmenu
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/wind1.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/wind1.ogg" : <static>
[ONLINE PROFILE] connected to channel mainmenu
[LOG] #YELLOW#Connection to online server established.
[PlayerProfile] eventConnected
[PROFILE] mounted online on /current-profile
[PROFILE] unmounted online from /current-profile
[PROFILE THREAD] batching CSETs
[PROFILE THREAD] flushing CSETs
[PROFILE THREAD] flushing CSETs ignored, empty dataset
[ONLINE PROFILE] sending error
[LOG] #YELLOW#Error report sent, thank you.
[PROFILE] connection disrupted, trying to reconnect closed
[LOG] #YELLOW#Connection to online server lost, trying to reconnect.
[PlayerProfile] eventDisconnected
[ENGINE] Setting requested FPS to 2 (500 ms)
[PROFILE] Got metaserver infos
[PROFILE] Thread connecting to profiles.te4.org on ports 2257 2258
[PROFILE] Thread connected to profiles.te4.org
[PROFILE] logged in! hunter
[PROFILE] Main thread got authed hunter
[PROFILE] Pull socket connected to profiles.te4.org
[ONLINE PROFILE] reconnecting to channels
[ONLINE PROFILE] reconnecting to channel mainmenu
[ONLINE PROFILE] connected to channel mainmenu
[LOG] #YELLOW#Connection to online server established.
[PlayerProfile] eventConnected
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/wind2.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/wind2.ogg" : <static>
Server latency 104
[USERCHAT] channel achievement Nowazorz mainmenu There and back again true true
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/bird2.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/bird2.ogg" : <static>
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/bird7.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/bird7.ogg" : <static>
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/cricket2.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/cricket2.ogg" : <static>
Server latency 109
[SOUND] loading from /data/sound/ambient/forest/bird6.ogg :=: sound "/data/sound/ambient/forest/bird6.ogg" : <static>
[ENGINE] Setting requested FPS to 30 (33 ms)
[LOG] TESTY MCTEST2 casts Skeletal Guardian.
Loading tile from tileset /data/gfx/shockbolt/object/staff_elm.png
##Use Talent Lua Error## T_SKELETAL_GUARDIAN_RAZ Actor: 4167 TESTY MCTEST2
stack traceback:
/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:149>
Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:133: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'all' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265: in function 'applyMasterNecromancer'
...dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/skeletal-mastery-raz.lua:234: in function <...dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/skeletal-mastery-raz.lua:182>
At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:208 plain
At /engine/KeyCommand.lua:84
[LOG] TESTY MCTEST2 casts Skeletal Guardian.
##Use Talent Lua Error## T_SKELETAL_GUARDIAN_RAZ Actor: 4167 TESTY MCTEST2
stack traceback:
Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:133: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: /data-dreadnecromancer/talents/spells/spells.lua:265: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'all' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:208
At /engine/KeyBind.lua:230

Incidentally, aside from this, I just noticed you said you made the Eternal Darkness mod. As a self-proclaimed necromancer fan, I really did appreciate that one. A very belated thanks for that one and I hope even more now that my problems will be fixed because I have enjoyed your previous work on the necromancer concept. :)

Edit: two more ideas I tried -- tried creating an Adventurer and playing around with learning the class skills with and without soulkeeper. It seemed like a huge longshot that would be a fix, but you never know. Well, except in this case, because that didn't fix anything and I pretty much knew it wouldn't. Still got the errors. I also tried doing casting the spells in town, among neutral sorts. While that didn't change the summoning errors, the other error didn't come up, so it was strictly one sparked by actual hostiles. The last idea I had was seeing what happens if a rare/unique/boss had these skills, but, since I have no ability at forcing one to appear and it would likely take a lot of time to luck into one while adventuring, I can't really test that one, especially since I disabled the add-on until the bug is worked out because I really don't want to have a perfectly good game broken by encountering these skills in a hostile.

Last edited by Hunter on Wed May 08, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 pm 
Thalore

And now, for Reaper's Grasp bugs:

- You can target Reaper's Grasp through walls. (vision given via Spectral Sight.) If you do, it causes an error.
- If the target of the grasp dies before the soul fragment does, an error will pop every time the fragment takes damage.
- The fragment levels up to the level of the creature it came from, giving you the "Level x" achievements.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 pm 
Wyrmic

I played until level 27-28 as a shalore Dread Necromancer. I had no other addons active.

More bugs:

Grasping Dead doesn't seem to break properly when it takes damage.

Consuming the bone giant doesn't give you any buffs at all.

Got the following bug report after killing wrathroot with haunt:

Dunno if it was haunt that triggered the bug, at the same time a ghoul and a skeletal guardian got frozen by wrathy's ice storm.

All summoned undead snapshot your damage bonuses and whatever. This is fine for most summons if you don't have swift hands, but abusable for the bone giant since it's usually summoned out of combat.

The bone giant could really stand to have a higher life regen since it really slows down resting.

It'd be nice to have a "teleport bone giant to you" ability for if it gets entombed in sand or something. Also using bonestorm when the giant is entombed in sand does something weird. Dunno exactly what happened but the giant got summoned next time I cast animate dead.

Got the following error when I used grasp of the dead or whatever on an enemy Bread Necromancer and their skeletal guardian:

You can use animate dead's heal and have the bone giant kill things from out of LoS. I think that the heal should only work if the giant is in sight.

Ok this isn't really a bug just wonky balancing but it's really egregious so I'll put it in. The Bone Scythe attachment for the bone giant is the worst one by a huge margin. At level 5 it is way worse then any of the others and comparable to putting no attachment in that slot.

I gave my bone giant rune of reflection, but it doesn't get much use out of the thing since it uses bone armour right afterwards and overwrites the reflection shield.

Your bone giant can damage you. Very bad if you're frozen.

Second error message reoccurred when some brawler enemy charged my skeleton guardian. Those guys don't seem to handle being statused well.

Gameplay feedback:

-Ghoul and skeleton mastery categories just don't seem worth it at all. The advanced skeletons cost way too many souls and ghasts are way too weak to use your precious souls. The guardian is ok but you only need one point for 100% uptime so there's no need to invest more then one point in the category. Similarly one point in animate dead is just fine since the passive ghouls are useful healfodder/distractions, but the remaining points don't seem that great. The surge ability seems pretty nice once you have a bone giant though/
-Grave talents are all fun and good, although death knell doesn't look like it should deal cold damage.
-Haunt is probably my favourite dread necromancer talent. It's good, thematic and looks fabulous. It seems like it should deal cold instead of darkness damage though.
-Grave Mist's save reduction isn't that useful most of the time since it checks saves to apply in the first place
-Blurred mortality give really annoying amounts of die_at on enemies. Even more then vanilla necromancer does.
-Necrotic Shell's numbers are too small to really incentivize light armour. It's also weird that it distinguishes between light armour and robes when no other talents do.
-Death's door is way too strong. It lasts a long time, the shield is pretty huge when you account for the resilience effect and it has no cost and is instant. You're not even that vulnerable when it wears off because you have so much die_at and you can just eat a minion to get a full heal.
-The bone giant is a really well-done minion. It's tanky but not invulnerable, does decent damage without overshadowing you and the inventory management is light enough that even I can stomach it.
-It's a bit annoying that the limbs you find land in your inventory instead of the giant's
-Also it'd be nice if you could rename the bone giant
-I have no idea how to evaluate the numbers Soulkeeper gives at all so I left it at 1/5
-Reaper's Shroud is a free shield I guess
-Sacrifice is way too big a chunk of damage to be worth it ever, even considering you have a small life pool and large die_at pool.
-Spirit feed gives way too much. You'll barely ever be at 5 souls for the spell speed, but the increase is absurd if that does happen. And that's on top of giving 50% dark/cold respen basically always.
-Master necromancer is fine besides the snapshotting issues discussed earlier and your bone giant being able to damage you
-Consumption just doesn't have enough limitations. There's basically always a ghoul you can nom for a full heal. The life leech you get from this is also probably overpowered but the minions you get it from are such a bother then I never tried. Also the bonestorm skeletons give you the shield even thought they're way different from normal skeletons
-I basically never used undeath link but it's probably fine. Temporary effect redirection sounds like it could cause some pretty gross bugs though.
-Dread Necromancer doesn't seem to have any mana regen so really long fights get spooky even with a manasurge rune. That should change in 1.6 with the manasurge buffs so you probably don't need to change anything there.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 am 
Thalore

So, I finished a run on Insane as a Dread Necromancer.
Character: https://te4.org/characters/199593/tome/ ... 980a737648

- Deaths Door is even more insane on Yeek than mentioned in the post above. Because of Yeeks low life rating and the halving of your life rating by Blurred Mortality, and voluntarily not equipping any +life gear, I managed to have 264 maximum life at level 50. This means that with Deaths Door active, I cannot take more than 40 damage from a single hit. Couple that with Worms Nest giving me 22 flat damage reduction and you get a character that is invincible 50% of the time. Just straight up invincible. The shield only broke once in the whole East, as far as I can recall. And it doesn't even cost any resources.
- Reaper's Shroud is absolutely great when combined with maxed Soulkeeper. Over the course of a fight, it would often generate 2000+ points worth of shielding for me. The stacking makes it great, although I'd say it is at a reasonable level (I invested 10 generics into this, after all.)
- High Necromancy is rather nice as a tree. You end up just constantly chugging out minions every time Animate Dead is up, and with maxed Soulkeeper and Hidden Resources, you can sustain the souls easily. In some fights, Animate Dead was off cooldown again two turns after using it.
- Demilich is rather nice. It gets a whole lot better once you get Hidden Resources, since then you can go Demilich into Animate Dead, immediately giving your Demilich +45% global speed.
- Blighted Summoning. It works on your undead, which is nice. It also means that you get a Blood Lock every three turns, and your ghouls will indiscriminately blood lock you as well. And it will land, since your undead have 100+ spellpower (after scaling) in the lategame. Since your undead cannot hurt you, it also combos rather nicely with Empty the Crypts, giving your vampires an AoE nuke with Darkfire.
- Spirit Feed with Ring of the Archlich. At eight souls, you gain 72% spellcasting speed. This is simply absurd.
- Mana was an issue in longer fights, but nothing that couldn't be solved by a manasurge rune and Hidden Resources.

- Something bugged out in High Peak, permanently bloodlocking me at 0 hp. I actually didn't mind that much with this character though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next