ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

So I was pfutzing around with my Krog character and got the delightful message, "You can now change your elemental drake aspect". Out of idle curiosity, I fired up the Drake-Infused Blood talent, decided not to change my aspect at this time, canceled out of the dialog — and there went my accumulated kills. (shrug) Okay, live and learn. So, proceeding merrily along, had accumulated enough kills again, figured I'd save them for later — but then I accidentally hit the hotkey for Drake-Infused Blood instead of the talent I was aiming for, and there went my accumulated kills again.

Concluding that this was just silly, I quickly whipped up my new Drake-Infused Forgiveness addon, which modifies the Drake-Infused Blood talent so that canceling out of the Drake Aspect dialog doesn't consume your accumulated kills. While I was in the neighborhood, I made a few tweaks to the dialog, adding an explicit "Never mind" option and flagging the entry matching your current aspect with a "(current)" annotation (as seen in the Steam page image).

[Technical info:]
Code:
Hooks:
  ToME:load [to modify the Drake-Infused Blood talent]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:32 am 
Wyrmic

Well shoot, here I thought that I had just screwed up somewhere last I triggered the kill reset. Thanks a lot for this!