[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal • View topic - Naloren - An Elf Subrace

ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Naloren - An Elf Subrace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:19 am 
Uruivellas

Spoiler warning might be unnecessary in the add on forum, but some lore that is hidden in the game is going to be discussed. So, fair warning.

This add on adds Naloren as a playable Elf subrace.

Get it or on the Steam Workshop.

Adds Nalore as a playable Elf subrace, along with a new town zone and starting dungeon, complete with quest, new bosses, and artifacts.
The town is accessible to non-Naloren via a new NPC appearing on the world map and contains a shop which sells tridents and whips (and the Last Hope randart merchant will also offer exotic weapons). Anyone who completes the starting quest (granted to non-Naloren via the same NPC) will gain several new options at the exotic weapon shop (each with a fee):
Reveal Exotic Weapons Mastery (if you know Combat Trainig).
Gain the ability to invest in Heavy Armour Training and equip mail(heavy) armor by meeting the requirement with the highest of Constitution and Dexterity (or Strength, as usual).
Gain bonus attack and movement speeds and a chance to evade incoming damage while wearing mail(heavy) armor. These values scale with Dex and Con, respectively.

The Naloren have an affinity for water and are adept with mail armor, whips and tridents. They are also known for their great spirit and flexibility.

Racial Talents:

Spirit of the Tides:
Gain X charges of Surging Spirit for 5 turns. Charges will be consumed as you activate talents to reduce their cooldown by one turn per charge.

Spirited Combat:
Gain X% armor hardiness in all types of armor and a Y% Constitution damage modifier for all weapons.

Cleansing Water:
When you are afflicted with a detrimental effect you have a X% chance to create a 1-tile pool of Cleansing Water within 2 tiles of yourself. Moving into Cleansing Water will consume it to cleanse the detrimental effect with the highest duration currently afflicting you. This has a cooldown (3).

Whitewater:
Call on the surging tides to aid you, creating radius X pool of rushing water lasting for 6 turns. Moving within Whitewater is instant for you. Foes will have a 50% chance with each movement within Whitewater to flounder, draining 50% of a turn and leaving them Dazed for 1 turn.

Naloren start with +4 Con, +4 Dex, -1 Cun, -1 Str, -1 Mag and a life rating of 10. They have a global speed bonus of 10% and a 15% xp penalty.

Naloren belong to the Nalore faction and will start in New Shellsea, an under-water city. There is a new dungeon where Naloren will be sent to complete there starting quest; the entrance is within New Shellsea. There is a shop in New Shellsea which will sell Exotic Weapons and offer to reveal Exotic Weapons Mastery if you complete the Naloren starting quest. Other factions can also visit New Shellsea, after a bit of a chat with a new NPC found on the world map east of Last Hope, and can also enter the dungeon and complete the quest to unlock Exotic Weapons Mastery training. Also features a couple of new bosses, a few new enemies, and a pair of new artifacts, all associated with the new starter dungeon.

Thanks to rexocorum for the artwrok on the new artifact necklace and all of the new enemies!

Enjoy!

Last edited by nsrr on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:24 am, edited 20 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:29 am 
Uruivellas

I tested everything will all of the add ons that I normally run and had no compatibility issues. This add on Superloads portions of Actor.lua and Object.lua, and could potentially conflict with other add ons that do as well. The portions being over-written concern that stat requirement change on Heavy armor for the fifth point in Naloren Guard Training and the associated item description change.

To the best of my knowledge everything is working, but I only have so much time for testing. If you find any bugs, please let me know and I will do my best to address it quickly.

As always, I am open to thoughts and suggestions for potential changes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:51 am 
Perspiring Physicist

You should be able to do the changes to actor and object without any risk of conflict with other addons, if done right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:35 pm 
Uruivellas

Looking at the OP, the racial description says they have Spirit of the Eternals, while the actual talent is Spirit of the Tides.

You may also want to put a link to the addon in the OP in case anyone's too lazy to go to te4.org themselves.

I'd been planning to do playable naga for a while. This is a novel alternative, I'll def try it next time I feel like playing. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:45 pm 
Uruivellas

The description is like that so it matches the other elven races. Thalore says they get Wrath of the Eternals but the talent is actually called Wrath of the Woods. I wasn't quite sure which way to go with it.

Glad you like the look of it astralinferno. When I first started making it, before I decided I I wanted to do something else first to learn more what I was doing, I based it off of your Rhaloren add on. You'll notice the file structures is still exactly the same if you extract it. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Looks like the description is being updated to Wrath of the Woods in 1.4, so you'd better change yours!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:43 am 
Uruivellas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:27 am 
Uruivellas

Changed the description in the subrace selection to read "Spirit of the Tides" instead of "Spirit of the Eternals".

Fixed the description for the power granted by Spirit of the Tides.

Updated the superloads. Turns out I had committed a "no-no" and done some sloppy overwriting. Thanks to StarKeep for helping me clean it up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:19 pm 

I have a bug to report. I dont get the movement speed bonus from Naloren guard training, only the attack speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:33 pm 
Uruivellas

Thanks for the report, I'll take a look into it tonight after work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:16 am 
Uruivellas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:23 am 
Uruivellas

Updated Naloren Guard Training.
Speed and defense bonuses were being granted regardless of equipped armor type. This portion of the talent now functions as a sustain which can only be activated while wearing Heavy armor. The bonuses granted and the other aspects of the talent are unchanged.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 am 
Uruivellas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:57 pm 
Uruivellas

Ooooh.
So, what will happen if you have more than one addon that provides whips/tridents?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:50 pm 
Uruivellas