[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal • View topic - [1.7.0] Metaclass - Mage Knight

ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 am 
Thalore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 am 
Wyrmic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:28 pm 
Wyrmic

MIND KNIGHT:

Am I just dumb or does Astral Jaunt's active effect not do anything at all? The passive (EC-triggered) version works just fine, although the tooltip says it does 1% weapon damage..... is that accurate? I've definitely killed things with it, so I don't think it is, but that's what it says. The active version doesn't do anything at all though, I can't teleport myself, nor can I teleport other people. The game log says something about "looking pale around the edges" like it should when you TP someone, and the little particle effect is even there, but nobody actually moves anywhere.

On a related note, can Astral Jaunt trigger Eldritch Combat after being triggered by it? I'm guessing it can't, but that would be a pretty awesome combo. Bump -> EC triggers Astral Jaunt -> TP and hit someone for another EC trigger of Psychic Burst (for example) -> TP back. In fact, I'd quite happily trade the existing chance of brainlock for a half normal chance% to chain trigger EC. Maybe halve it after each consecutive trigger of EC via Jaunt so that you don't accidentally allow people to chain 30+ Jaunts because it keeps triggering itself with EC over and over again.

Also, how absurdly broken would it be to make 5/5 Psychic Combat give us a TK slot? I'm quite disappointed that Mind Knight doesn't have one.... might be a little overkill with the EC triggers though. You could even make the TK weapon not able to trigger EC and it would be worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:53 pm 
Wyrmic

EC trigger chance is already reduced when using BtF, iirc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm 
Wyrmic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 pm 
Wyrmic

I don't think so, it's just for adventurers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 pm 
Thalore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:52 pm 
Wyrmic

Fair points on all counts, I know just how strong TK wielding is. It just seemed too thematically fitting to not at least bring up.

But yeah, Astral Jaunt definitely seems broken right now. I do have a moderately large number of addons, so I'll disable all those and try it again later tonight when I get a chance. I know some of my other addons conflict with each other on occasion in really weird, unexpected ways. I'll update you then, if you haven't already found the problem by that time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:05 am 
Thalore

Yeah it was me. Fix will be included in next update.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:24 am 
Uruivellas

Had an error popping up every turn after encountering an Earth Knight rare. Not sure if the error was from him or my character (Sea Knight), but I'm leaning towards the NPC, because it stopped when I warped out of the zone. If it means anything, the rare had multiple effects, both detrimental and beneficial, that were listing negative durations.

The entire error is basically: timed_effects.lua line 614: bad argument.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

So vis a vis mind knight and TK, any thought of that but... limited, somehow? Like, they can wield and it has talent interaction but they just don't have BtF or along those lines?

Perhaps make it so you replace one of your weapon slots with the psi-slot, if you want to use it? No tri-wield (unless you're an adventurer, anyway) but you'd have ogre shenanigans handedness wise (maybe with actual ogres reducing the penalty for the physical hand, or the MK version not mitigating it in relation to character size), assuming you leave the stat requirement bypass in place, and could maybe do some interesting things with what amounts to off-hand gems or somethin'. I'm not saying shinin- um. Psionic gem bomb finger should be a thing, but... there is the anime style talent...

Or have it explicitly talent only, almost cursed sentry style (or explicitly cursed sentry style and have some kind of summoning/pet tree based around TK animated weapons? Them occasionally going off and doing their own thing would kinda' fit the theme of the knight classes...), possibly with the equipped item just outright not giving stats outside whatever the individual talents do.

Offensive talent with a close-up physical melee/long range TK weapon hit mix could definitely be a distinct mechanic, things long those lines. Could even have some sort of possessor style setup for the class, where you have trees that work off exclusively non-psi-wield attacks, exclusively psi-wield attacks, and of course some with mixed... maybe even a locked tree that's explicitly about enabling talents to use both sets of effects (death knight soul forge style?)? That you can/would swap between fairly dynamically.

... basically, it (a third weapon slot) strikes me as something you could play with quite a lot without stepping on mindslayer toes or running into the normal BtF/psi-wield balance concerns, if the thematic bug really bit you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:34 am 
Thalore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:26 pm 
Wyrmic

Alright, I've got some more info about that bug that makes non-EKs require MAG for equip requirements.

As we know, anything with a STR or DEX requirement is swapped for Magic with Eldritch Body (I think that is the right one? I don't have an EK open right now to check, but it doesn't matter, we can figure out which one it is).

This also applies to non-EK characters, but sporadically. They start the game having STR/DEX requirements, but at some undisclosed, seemingly random point, swap that to MAG.

Saving and quitting to the main menu and reloading the save changes the requirements from MAG back to STR/DEX, but this is reversed upon next levelup. You can theoretically maintain STR/DEX requirements by saving and quitting every time you level up before you spend any points, but that's a gigantic pain.

I haven't yet confirmed this 100% but I believe that the problem starts upon your first sighting of an enemy EK rare. I had no problems before then and at some point afterward, possibly at my next levelup (since that was the next time I looked at my talents screen), I had MAG requirements. This makes sense as the culprit to me. It seems that Eldritch Body applies to all actors somehow rather than just the player/NPC user of this talent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 am 
Wyrmic

Can you please replace self.mk_power with (self.mk_power or 0) in the code?
Currently, whenever you hover over a talent that uses mk_power while on an character that does not have the mk_power field (read: adventurers), two things happen:
- You get a harmless error
- You get a completely free skill point in that talent.

This is a) annoying and b) pretty exploitable.

Also, can we maybe talk about Mana Blast? It can remove any type of sustain - and quite a large number at once at higher levels. Apart from the bug, this (and Mana Burst, but to a way lesser extent) is the reason I don't like keeping Mage Knight switched on when playing a non-MK character.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:39 am 
Thalore

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next