TE-4 ADDON LINK: http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/player-ai
STEAM WORKSHOP LINK: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =523638132
GITHUB LINK: https://github.com/Charidan/Tales-of-Maj-Eyal-Player-AI
Version 1.5.1 has gone live.
The Player AI is intended as a lazy way to clear easy dungeon floors, not a competent combatant who will win the game for you. I might make that AI later, or just keep improving this one until it's actually good at the game.
Have fun, and tell me what you think. I accept comments, criticisms, and bug reports.Current Status:
This addon is not currently under active development. I keep telling myself I'll come back to it some day, but haven't yet. I am
accepting pull requests to the git if other people want to continue development and help me along.
This addon adds a keybind to activate the new player AI. Set to Alt+F1 by default.
It will clear an entire floor or stop when it hits 1/4 health in the presence of enemies.
This AI has undefined behavior in the Sandworm Lair, use it there at your own risk.
COMPATIBILITY WARNING: This addon superwrites Player:act(). If another addon also touches Player:act() change the load order so that the Player AI addon loads *last*
VERSION 1.5.1 FEATURE DESCRIPTION:
- Uses autoexploration from ToME core
- Uses talents!
- No exceptions yet for talents like Meditation or Phase Door to use them intelligently
- Chooses talents at random
- Attacks enemies!
- The AI still has trouble understanding water. It doesn't know about waterbreathing, and it doesn't recognize "bubbles" as air. So it's going to complain about suffocation constantly while it's underwater, but paradoxically seems to always move in the intelligent direction while doing so.
- The AI assumes it is safe when attacked from unseen enemies, including when it is blinded in combat
- The AI sometimes falls through to its "wait a turn" case when it doesn't seem necessary
v1.5.1 PATCH NOTES:
- Updated the cast tracking system to check if a talent has failed
- If a talent fails, the AI will not try to use that talent again that turn
v1.5 PATCH NOTES:
- Fixed a bug with "waiting" where the AI called the wrong function to wait and ended up hanging.
Stuff I'm Working On:
- A "hunting" AI state to react to damage taken while out of combat
- Configuration settings for various talent uses, the low-health exit threshhold, etc.
Currently developing the Player AI addon
. You can get it from the T-Engine Addon Hub
You can also view the source code