ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:30 pm 
Wyrmic

Anyone know what the requirements are for unlocking this class?

For some reason it's locked even though I have all of the metaclass unlocked. Is that supposed to happen?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:05 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Unlocking meta classes doesn't actually unlock anything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:22 am 
Wyrmic

HousePet wrote:
Unlocking meta classes doesn't actually unlock anything.

Apologies about that, I wasn't very clear.

I meant that I have both Sun Paladin and Anorithil unlocked already.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:05 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Hrm, I have no idea what the other requirements are.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 am 
Higher

You need have SLASUL(I think naga queen in far east) Dead, or in "allow_build.profile" in your tome savedata dir(T-engine\4.0\Profiles\offline\modules\tome) add

divine_trench_strider = true

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 pm 
Uruivellas

Yeah, you need to have beaten Slasul in the far east once with any character. Should work as long as you have the achieve, normal or exploration.

If not, you can always get an anti-lock mod. This one's good.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:45 am 
Wyrmic

Thanks a bunch to you both for the requirements, now it's working. :P

A brilliant class indeed, haven't run into any problems as of yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:50 am 
Higher

Chronosplit wrote:
Thanks a bunch to you both for the requirements, now it's working. :P

A brilliant class indeed, haven't run into any problems as of yet.

There is unfinished skill, but I really felt jumpy with that moon dash and pretty fun. Wet jump, wet. Would really benefit from global or attack speed, well to get more time to cast other skills between jumps. Hm although there are skills that have chance to be casted on jump too.
Oh and might imagine halflings may become really jumpy because of passive. (Just jump until stamina is over, due to large critical)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:58 pm 
Uruivellas

You get a small amount of attack/spell speed from the Hymns tree, if you take the right hymn. (I always take that hymn I have no clue if it's optimal)

I still want to do something to stop lunar rush resetting when it's the reason the target is wet - that's just way too easy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:46 pm 
Higher

Why lunar rush just silly and fun, not really strong and there are stronger skills, though having mobility useful and it is fun way to play. If you really make want make it less fast Remove wet on crit, it is main reason you have unlimited jumps each act instead of one per turn. From tides and wet strike.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm 
Uruivellas

I might, actually. I was worried about them not having enough wet, but if you're hitting them for crits you're probably already in range.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:51 pm 
Higher

astralInferno wrote:
I might, actually. I was worried about them not having enough wet, but if you're hitting them for crits you're probably already in range.

Well there are spell crits(Does it works on those not tested enough, and there are aoe) which it might be useful if you are willing to spend turn if you don't have second skill to make them wet. But yeah it would make, Wet lunar rush gimmick, if you want enchance that gameplay you might give to ne advanced trees ways to make wet and extra bonuses while wet, but for me 3 skills to make someone wet is almost enough (Wet strike active and 2 tidal talents is more then enough to support all jumps you might need), wet on crit is sorta useful, but pointles in a way, and removal would bring other talents in scope for late game.(well asuming you stil would like to lunar rush all the time in late game great mobility skill, but there are really stronger and better abilities this class has. It is just fun.)

I'm really looking for fourth ability in that tree it lists it is unfiished.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:34 pm 
Uruivellas

It only works on melee crits. That said, it interacts with a couple of other skills in that tree, dealing bonus damage and regaining you health...

Do you mean Wash Away? That should be working as of 1.0.7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm 
Uruivellas

HousePet told me what moronic coding mistake I'd made, so 1.0.8 is done!
Shouldn't break saves. Old drown still exists in code, existing characters with it will still have it but be unable to put more points in it.

Lunar Grace is now a bolt. It will explode on the first target hit for (less than half original damage), dealing (a little less than original) damage to all foes nearby. Crucially, it will do 1.5x damage to the target it hits. It will, however, only refresh Lunar Rush if you hit something with it, so beware snakes.
Drown is now a Gloom-style AoE! it will passively remove the air from nearby creatures. Sadly, this is not very effectual at killing anything but critters before you could kill them, so it also does minor cold damage. Enjoy walking through rat vaults and laughing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 am 
Higher

astralInferno wrote:
HousePet told me what moronic coding mistake I'd made, so 1.0.8 is done!
Shouldn't break saves. Old drown still exists in code, existing characters with it will still have it but be unable to put more points in it.

Lunar Grace is now a bolt. It will explode on the first target hit for (less than half original damage), dealing (a little less than original) damage to all foes nearby. Crucially, it will do 1.5x damage to the target it hits. It will, however, only refresh Lunar Rush if you hit something with it, so beware snakes.
Drown is now a Gloom-style AoE! it will passively remove the air from nearby creatures. Sadly, this is not very effectual at killing anything but critters before you could kill them, so it also does minor cold damage. Enjoy walking through rat vaults and laughing.

Dunno but for me it sounds more powerful(aside less wetting). Main use of it was to wet, which now is better, so bolt or beam is not big deal, in fact exploding now makes it even more useful. Is it intended? because it really supports jumping gameplay and safety in sane play and worth taking even one point. Wet and then refresh is weaker then just refresh. Not that I against change I like it, though I don't think this thing would be worth maxing, maybe cooldown reduction for lunar rush per level, it would, make skill a bit weaker, but at raw lvl 5 you can refresh fully, and raw(amout talent points spent on skill) lvl 4 roughly one turn short. Maybe even exchanging places with tides, to make it harder to max out early.

Drown disagree, as one played with curse of madness, the air removal is quite strong against bosses too, well ones you can't kill fast, because there are some enemies that stretch fights with you long enough to be strangulated to death.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next