ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:01 am 
Low Yeek

Since the usually helpful people over on reddit do not seem to have an answer, let me crosspost over here:

I have a bunch of addons running, and when 1.6 stable dropped, I got the game to work with a few error messages but without actual issues after updating a few manually and scrapping others. But one, I guess.

After resolving the ages old "Apprentice not on the Map" problem by updating the addon causing it, I now got him, but whenever I go into his dialogue to actually give him an artifact, I get stuck in an endless error loop and can not close out of those windows anymore.

The problem is, after trying out a few possible candidates I am really at a loss of which addon might still be causing this, and having to manually remove each of them from the game folder and savegame each time is very tedious.

Is there a way to see where the error causing lines came from instead of just what they are? Getting an error snippet is not particularly helpful if it does not point to the file in question :(

Just in case someone can make something out of it, this is one of the two that alternate endlessly:

Quote:
error = "Lua Error: /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:138: attempt to index a nil value\ At [C]:-1 __index\ At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:138 generateList\ At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:47 init\ At /engine/class.lua:147 new\ At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:114 regen\ At /data/quests/mage-apprentice.lua:65 action\ At /mod/dialogs/ShowInventory.lua:95 use\ At /mod/dialogs/ShowInventory.lua:40 fct\ At /engine/ui/Inventory.lua:136 fct\ At /engine/ui/ListColumns.lua:463 onUse\ At /engine/ui/ListColumns.lua:135 fct\ At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 receiveMouse\ At /engine/Mouse.lua:98 delegate\ At /engine/ui/Inventory.lua:204 mouseEvent\ At /engine/ui/Inventory.lua:150 fct\ At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 receiveMouse\ At /engine/Mouse.lua:98 delegate\ At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:793 mouseEvent\ At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:508 fct\ At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 "

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:55 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Normally you'd need to post what happened in the log before it started the loop.
In this case I'm not sure that would help.
Also, what do you mean "this is one of the two"? Do you want this sorted or not? Post both of them!