ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

In my ongoing quixotic quest to get a tri-star Yeek Mindslayer off the ground, it's always vaguely bugged me that I can't actually fight with a psi-bladed mindstar in the TK slot. Yanking in hostiles seems to be a questionably useful effect of TK-wielding a mindstar, especially since it means that the only benefit of upgrading said TK-wielded mindstar is yanking in hostiles from further away.

It just seems to me that a mindstar in the TK slot should be just as much a weapon as a mindstar in your hand. My new TK Mindstars Are Weapons addon takes a stab (pun only partly intended :wink: ) at that, modifying Beyond the Flesh, Resonant Focus and Frenzied Focus so that TK-wielded mindstars behave like TK-wielded weapons, semi-autonomously attacking adjacent hostiles.

(There is one behaviour that I couldn't modify, though; Kinetic/Thermal/Charged Aura still behave mindstar-ishly, damaging adjacent hostiles once per turn, rather than weapon-ishly, adding extra damage to weapon strikes. The handling for that is buried deep in the combat code, where superloading it would be nigh impossible. We Apologize for the Inconvenience.™)

[And no, this probably isn't going into ZOmnibus… :wink: ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:42 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Small fix in v1a: dropped a '%' in the description of our modified Resonant Focus talent.