Rexorcorum was kind enough to create 'standing' and 'crawling' graphics for the Crystal race. I find them kind of gorgeous. WIth 1.2 released, they're even compatible with the game! Get the new forked addon here
: http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/nullnewgems New URL as of Jan 4, 2014
You can also subscribe via Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/doctornull ... pid=259680
This is a thread for my fork of the New Gems mod, which makes the bonuses offered by gems more balanced, makes the effect-color match up to the graphical image color, makes all colors appear at each of the tiers, and adds a new race (sentient crystal) which features some unique mobility challenges.
I forked the addon because I liked it, and this thread is being forked from the original thread because my tinkering is looking like it's going beyond mere bug fixes. This will serve as my announcement thread for new releases.
---Meet the New Gems
- Gem types make more sense: every "color" gem appears once per tier.
- Gem bonuses more balanced: every gem, and every alchemical gem, should be interesting to several different character types.
- Gem damage types more sensible: now gems and their damage types ought to be useful to every Arcane caster, and many Psions, especially the Nullpack's Transcendent Fist (shameless self-promotion
). Gems no longer have "nature" damage, since Mindstars cover that niche nicely.New Sentient Crystal Race
- You know those annoying teleporting crystal things in the Shaloren starting area? Now you can play one.
- Bipedal gem icon graphics by rexorcorum
- Unique movement constraints: both more and less mobile than most other races.
- Able to imbue your crystal body with gemstones.New Prismatic Golem Race
- Start in the mysterious East.
- Able to imbue your crystal body with gemstones.
- Extra cat point on creation, so you're basically a gem-powered mechanical Cornac.
Original thread about original addon here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38747