[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal • View topic - Beta testing for new class: Fated!

ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 pm 
Wayist

I would like to share my thoughts about this. I am going to mostly post negative feedback, but I only do this because I like the idea so much. I want to see it really hit its stride. Please keep working at this class!

1) What does luck do? What does accident prone do? Is it worth trying to keep it up on a target? I feel like those concepts need to be better explained.

2) There seems to be very little stat scaling. About half of the skills are flat number increases. I feel this is a problem. This class has a 4 way tug of war with stats, between dex, cun, mag, and con. It feels like I have to put a bunch of points into magic for a tiny passive gain besides unlocking talents. I would like to see the magic stat interact more with talents. Cun is a little bit better, but I still don't feel don't feel like the unique fated talents gain enough from putting points into it.

3) Hit me. Having to target the same or different targets 5 times is pretty annoying. The concept of what card you got does not seem to matter till the 4th tier talent. For that matter, what does the 3rd tier talent do till the 4th tier talent? Maybe make each talent learned unlock one of the games when you put a point into it?

4) Roll the dice (or was it bones?). I despise the self damage mechanic. If I am under 120 hp (the average damage my current character seems to do), I can't use this talent. If am above 120 hp, I still need to consider my hp 120 lower before using this move. I would really like to see this mechanic go. The 2nd tier talent seems like a 1 point wonder. 1 point for 20% more damage off the first move, and another point for an additional 2 seems pretty harsh. The scaling also seems pretty low. 1 point in flurry out damages my 7 points in this tree.

5) Charmed life (I think this the name. 3rd tier in the positive luck tree) . I really dislike having that hp regen go negative. If you exit combat with a low luck score, you are have to play with a dot slowly eating you till you find some chump to eat. Not cool.

Keep going! This class is great!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:45 pm 
Thalore

I am getting this error when walking over lava. Not sure if this is a result of loading the latest version of the addon on a character created with a previous one.

Lua Error: /hooks/fated/load.lua:331: attempt to call method 'hasEffect' (a nil value)
At [C]:-1 hasEffect
At /hooks/fated/load.lua:331
At [string "return function(l, self, data) local ok=false..."]:1 triggerHook
At /data/damage_types.lua:343 defaultProjector
At /data/damage_types.lua:553 projector
At /data/general/grids/lava.lua:34 check
At /engine/Map.lua:711 checkEntity
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:632 act
At /mod/class/NPC.lua:54 act
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:131 tickLevel
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:62 tick
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:46 tick
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1042

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:43 pm 
Wyrmic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:11 pm 
Halfling

Just popping in to say that the negative HP regen thing was not intended. It was an oversight in what I told nate to code. I apologize to everybody!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:01 pm 
Wayist

The tool tip idea would go a long way. It makes a bunch of sense.

As for the hit me idea, I would suggest starting with hit me, and the game skill at level 1. Each new talent adds a game. The 4th tier talent should do some kind of card manipulation. My idea is to let the players pick up to talent point cards, and re deal them(talent level 5 throws the discarded cards as 1 attack!).

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:55 am 
Wyrmic

Fated b14.

--New melee Fortune-based class: Agonist
--New graphic from rexorcorum for Sol Exorcismus
--Various bugfixes (incl walking on lava, sorry bout that)
--Fortune now decays when above neutral; fortune no longer starts at/near max
--Characters with a Fortune pool can now see their own and others' Luck attribute, and are given a little bonus info when looking at timed effects that debuff/increase Luck
--Decks now list their damage type in their description
--No more negative life regen from Charmed Life in Felicity

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 am 
Low Yeek

Bugs on Agonist:
1) When you enter new area group after using Rod of Recall you get 0 Fortune. Than renders some builds unplayable (oriented on felicity)
2) Charmed life description says nothing about life regen

Nice class, but I cannot play it with the bug #1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:54 am 
Archmage

Interesting the new class.

I'm looking forward playing it.

Cheers:)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:27 pm 
Sher'Tul

Lets get some infos on Agonist!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:57 pm 
Wyrmic

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:25 am 
Sher'Tul

Oooh. Lets use nemesis on dreadfell 9 and see what happens! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:15 pm 
Thalore

Is Agonist a renamed Champion or is the Champion still a planned class?

Either way keep up the good work, you guys are awesome! I'll give this class a whirl as soon as I beat the game(finally :D ).

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm 
Wyrmic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:30 am 
Wayist

Fated seems interesting and unique. Would you give me permission to localize the addon for Japanese?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:08 am 
Halfling

Nate, what do you say? I have no objections. What are your localization plans? (My fiance speaks Japanese and wrote her thesis on localization so this is something that intrigues me)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next