ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:39 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

v1o is a small QoL tweak for those who also use the infusion patches in my Utility Supplies addon. Previously, infusion patches were simply sorted by tier, which left speed patches interleaved with higher-tier healing patches. Now we sort by type before tier: clearing patches (only one tier, unless you're making them via tinkers) come before healing patches, which come before speed patches.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

In fiddling around with mecharachnids recently, I was reminded afresh that this addon only improves the inventory sort order for the player. Granted, you might not spend enough time working with your golem's inventory for the lack of improved sorting to be noticeable enough to be annoying, but it occurs to me that stores could also benefit, since they use ActorInventory under the hood. (Admittedly, since most stores only stock one category of objects, this might not be as noticeable, but I'm fairly certain their default sort isn't always getting tier ordering right, and the lost merchant store would definitely benefit.)

So, do people think this would be worth it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:34 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Well, no one objected, so that's going out as v2. Note that in an existing game, you'll have to trigger an inventory sort to see the change. For sidekicks like the golem, picking up or dropping something while controlling the golem should do it; for stores, buying or selling something should do it.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:53 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Got a suggestion from over in the Ideas forum:
ledtim wrote:
1. Give tinker attachments and demon seeds slot based categories. Like instead of all of them being simply categorized as "tinker" or "demon seed", make them like "tinker-body". So they can be sorted in a meaningful way.

Now, we already sort demon seeds, :mrgreen: but not tinkers, which we can fix. The sort order for demon seeds is attachment slot → demon tier → demon type → demon level, most of which don't apply to tinkers. So I figured I'd ask first: does anyone have any preferences for sort order for tinkers? Attachment slot will probably be first; after that, do we want, for instance, all razor edges grouped together and all crystal edges grouped together (which we're currently not doing)? Ooh, that could apply to salves too; I've noticed before that if you have, say, two healing salves of different tiers, they probably won't be next to each other, since we only sort by tier.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

No one expressed a preference, so I went ahead and did the grouping by tinker type. That's going out as v2a.