ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal
http://forums.te4.org/

[v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=36860
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Feuerhai [ Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

Effigy wrote:
It's not a bad idea for an addon, but personally I like to save my gems until I unlock the fortress for a quick energy boost. Unless I'm desperate for money earlier, that is.

Would it be possible to add a setting for exactly this? So it checks whether you already linked the chest with the fortress before putting the gems in?
This addon is really convenient, but I always disable it at the start for the quick energy boost.
And with how often I start over...

Author:  Zizzo [ Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

Feuerhai wrote:
Effigy wrote:
It's not a bad idea for an addon, but personally I like to save my gems until I unlock the fortress for a quick energy boost. Unless I'm desperate for money earlier, that is.

Would it be possible to add a setting for exactly this? So it checks whether you already linked the chest with the fortress before putting the gems in?
This addon is really convenient, but I always disable it at the start for the quick energy boost.
And with how often I start over...

Huh. I always figured the money was more useful early on. (Of course, since I don't use the farportal, I don't have much call for fortress energy anyway…)

But, fair enough. What degree of control would you want over this? I'm already working on another requested option to control when gems go in the transmo chest; I can probably merge this in with that.

Author:  stormbringer [ Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

actually i nearly always play an alchemist or some class that i add stone alchemy to. what would be useful for such play style is a thing that automatically extracts gems and moves them to normal inventory. if the player wants to keep an item he or she can first move the item to normal inventory like you would for arts you want to keep any way.

you could consider this the alchemists version. actually this might make a good talent for new alchemist trees or a generic so other classes could use it. or it could just be a check the chest does.

Every time i see something like this it is always about automatically transmorgrifying gems; never the other way around and i have seen what seems to be countless add ons or discussions of add ons to do this. (well ok at least 4 or so.) Alchemists get no love.

Author:  Zizzo [ Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

stormbringer wrote:
actually i nearly always play an alchemist or some class that i add stone alchemy to. what would be useful for such play style is a thing that automatically extracts gems and moves them to normal inventory. if the player wants to keep an item he or she can first move the item to normal inventory like you would for arts you want to keep any way.

We're already adding an "Extract gems" item command to the transmo chest; do you mean something different?

Author:  stormbringer [ Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

Zizzo wrote:
stormbringer wrote:
actually i nearly always play an alchemist or some class that i add stone alchemy to. what would be useful for such play style is a thing that automatically extracts gems and moves them to normal inventory. if the player wants to keep an item he or she can first move the item to normal inventory like you would for arts you want to keep any way.

We're already adding an "Extract gems" item command to the transmo chest; do you mean something different?
the Fortress butler thing changes the chest to extract gems only if it makes more economic sense to do so. If you mean you are making an add on to preferentially extract gems regardless of economics then i haven't seen it or i have greatly misunderstood the purpose of your mod. Thats certainly possible. :)

Transmogrifiy means "to transform" not "to extract" so when i see an addon with transmogrify or variants of that i think they mean turn into gold and energy not pry out gems.

Author:  Zizzo [ Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

stormbringer wrote:
the Fortress butler thing changes the chest to extract gems only if it makes more economic sense to do so. If you mean you are making an add on to preferentially extract gems regardless of economics then i haven't seen it or i have greatly misunderstood the purpose of your mod. Thats certainly possible. :)

It may be a mutual misunderstanding. What I took you to be suggesting was an option to have the transmo chest extract gems out of metal objects and leave them in player inventory as part of the transmogrification process. That's been suggested before, but as I said at the time, I'm no longer particularly confident in my ability to successfully modify the actual operation of the transmo chest at that level (the last time I tried, it ended badly…). The current implementation is something of a compromise; the "Extract gems" command on the transmo chest's use-item dialog at least avoids having to walk through the chest contents and manually extract gems from stuff.

Author:  Zizzo [ Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: [v1.0.0-1.0.5] Auto-Transmo Gems

Release v3b combines the feature requested by Effigy and Feuerhai above with a feature requested from Steam, in the form of a new game option "When to auto-transmo gems". This can be set to 'Standard' for the current behavior, 'Always' to put gems in the chest even if you know gem-using talents, or 'After linking transmo chest', which should be self-explanatory.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/