ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:05 am 
Thalore

link

2.2.1 Added an option to remove prodigy requirements for the sake of addon compatibility

2.2.0 Lets you take multiple evolutions! (1.7)

2.0.0 Now works passively and no longer includes the talent that changes your class name

1.1.0 No longer overloads anything, and prevents you from selecting an evolution for a class adventurer doesn't get any talents from. If an evolution for a restricted class is also available to an unrestricted class, it is available, but you can only change your class name to the unrestricted class (in case an evolution that affects multiple classes differently is created). If zizzo's addon Slightly More Adventurous is also active these restrictions are removed entirely.

1.0.1 Now works with all class evolutions.

Makes all class evolutions visible to adventurers, and gives you a talent that changes your class name so you can take them.

Should be compatible with evolutions from addons and future updates as long as the evolution is typically only available to one class (basically, I will try to update if other evolutions become available). I had to overwrite the file that creates the prodigy screen, so it might conflict with ui addons, but I tested with zomnibus and it works fine.

Last edited by Pisastrish on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 am, edited 12 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:38 am 
Thalore

I think if I could generate a list of all classes I could make this compatible with all evolutions, but I'm not sure how to do that during the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:55 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

You... might check out the multi-class/randboss rondo add-on, I think? I'm not exactly an add-on dev or coder, but it seems to do something similar to generating a class list when you're selecting your extra class(es). Way it does it might not be congruent with what you have, but it's a mid-game class list pull up, sorta'.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:18 am 
Thalore

That's exactly what I needed, thanks! I've updated it and it should work with all possible class evolutions now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:40 am 
Thalore

2.0.0 Removed the talent that changes your class name, and now passively allows adventurers to select evolutions if they fulfill all requirements besides class. If an evolution is available to multiple classes, it lets you pick which class to take it as, and temporarily changes your character to that class when you learn the talent (in case any future evolutions have different effects depending on your class). If you take multiple class evolutions as an adventurer, it takes part of the name from each to make the class evolution name displayed on your character sheet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:21 am 
Thalore

2.2.0 Some miscellaneous fixes since my last post, but most importantly added an option that lets any class take multiple evolutions. (use 2.1.2 if still on 1.6.7)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:03 am 
Thalore

2.2.1 In case any future evolutions have special requirements that are effectively class requirements, I added an option that lets you remove special requirements from class evolutions. Since it wasn't any more work, it also lets you remove every requirement from every prodigy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:43 pm 
Archmage

Seems to be broken as of the latest beta. Attempting to obtain any prodigy on an adventurer gives a lua error out and eats the prod point, which in unsurprising given the changes to handling revolutions I guess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:35 am 
Thalore

Yeah I knew I’d need to update it since I saw the patch notes, just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Hopefully will happen before the official release

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:29 am 
Thalore

Updated! Everything worked when I tested it, but beta5 changed a lot of things this affects, so let me know if you find other bugs.

Thanks for saying something so I didn't just keep procrastinating on this haha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:57 pm 
Archmage

Thanks for the quick update, It's appreciated