ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Werebeast class
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:06 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Looks good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 am 
Graphical God

Case closed!

Should I retain the filenames as close to the psiblades ones, i.e. "mindstar_psiclaw_right_01.png" and "mindstar_psiclaw_left_01.png", so you can use the psiblade code and replace "blade" with "claw"?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:45 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Sure, it doesn't really matter, but it could be less confusing overall. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm 
Graphical God

Here comes the Psiclaws gfx Pack - with a slight delay, for which I am humbly apologizing :)
The directory structure is ready for addon integration (i.e. overload/data/... etc.).

Anyway, I haven't tested them ingame and will wait for the actual code from HousePet to finally tweak them if need be.

Cheers!

Attachments:
Psiclaws_gfx.zip [198.25 KiB]
Downloaded 97 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:02 pm 
Perspiring Physicist

http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/werebeast-class/werebeast-class-v11

Updated: Now with Feral Power Bodywash!

Post subject: Re: Werebeast class v1.1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 am 
Wayist

just dl the add on. its insanly good, i love it. i love the style, the skills, just ammazing... and the staring area, just wow! great job. the best klass add that i have seen :D
but something is bothering me. i love the idea of psyclaws, i love how they look, but they are to weak :(. why should i use dual mindstars, when i can use swords axes maces with 60% more phisical dmg? its much more efficient, especialy with all this skills with %wpn dmg. my idea is, that you add +% phisical dmg to psyclaws, so that they will be much more viable and efficient, addition to the current effect. (didnt test psyclaws at high lvl, but i dont think that they would be nearly good as normal weapons, correct me if i am wrong)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 am 
Graphical God

I hope you like the psiclaws gfx 8)
I have a request - I won't be able to test the images for all races/genders ingame for some time. So, if anyone encounters glaring issues (with positioning mainly, but not exclusively) with them - drop me a pm or post it here, so I can look into them.

Thanks and happy hunting, beasties!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm 
Halfling

So, I played this when it first came out like back in b43 or so, then I kinda wandered off. Question though. Mindstars work with Wil and Cun, but the Wolf-Aspect tree (which gives us a mindstar based talent) scales with Str... Is there some reason that doesn't scale with Wil or Cun? As it is, I WANT to pull the point out of Rampage, and drop Str, run Wil, Cun, but I want pretty much that whole tree, so I have to pump Str as well. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 am 
Perspiring Physicist

It doesn't scale with strength, its scales with mindpower.
Strength is just used as the prereq stat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 am 
Halfling

random417 wrote:
So, I played this when it first came out like back in b43 or so, then I kinda wandered off. Question though. Mindstars work with Wil and Cun, but the Wolf-Aspect tree (which gives us a mindstar based talent) scales with Str... Is there some reason that doesn't scale with Wil or Cun? As it is, I WANT to pull the point out of Rampage, and drop Str, run Wil, Cun, but I want pretty much that whole tree, so I have to pump Str as well. Thoughts?

The question is actually why aren't the prerequisites mental when the talent effects are.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Its a curse, its not supposed to be nice. :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 am 
Thalore

random417 wrote:

My impression of the class post 30 is that without the Rampage line, the whole auto-bump method is weak as hell.

if your going Wil/Cun, why not go tangle vine?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 am 

I like the idea but i really wish you change the wolf aspect as well, the psi claws are god awful useless late game compared to psiblades.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am 
Thalore

thatguyjj wrote:
I like the idea but i really wish you change the wolf aspect as well, the psi claws are god awful useless late game compared to psiblades.

Have to agree with this - I get that you don't want to make psi claws just psiblades with a different graphic, but they need way more then a small, badly scaling flat damage bonus. At the very least they need the standard +physical power and +damage% that the other weapon masteries get. Some bleed would be thematic as well (although you already get that from scoundrel), or attack speed, or make each skill in the tree give a passive bonus to claws as ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:10 pm 
Wayist

Theyleon wrote:
thatguyjj wrote:

Have to agree with this - I get that you don't want to make psi claws just psiblades with a different graphic, but they need way more then a small, badly scaling flat damage bonus. At the very least they need the standard +physical power and +damage% that the other weapon masteries get. Some bleed would be thematic as well (although you already get that from scoundrel), or attack speed, or make each skill in the tree give a passive bonus to claws as ideas.

could agreed more. flat phisical bonus would be a start + bleeding would be the most logic think to do (2 bleeds yay)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next