ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Hachem_Muche wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the new event. :)

The idea behind them, of course, is that they're a substitute for the Last Hope Graveyard.
Hence the curse you can be afflicted with acts the same (and I've never heard of a curse that asked your permission before afflicting you).
The non-consensual cursing was removed from the game, presumably due to complaints like mine. It can be a cool tree but it's very, very niche... unless you wanna add an event which grants ~10 Generic points? ;)

Hachem_Muche wrote:
As for blocking your escape, the graves are placed so that there should always be a path around them. If you did see a problem with them blocking off part of the dungeon, that needs to be addressed. I could certainly change them to not block movement and to offer you a prompt when you step into their square if needed. I did have a reason for them to block movement, however. :wink:

Unopened graves do not block ranged attacks, so if npcs are refusing to attack across them, that is a bug. I haven't seen this in testing, though.
Maybe there was a path around, I don't recall that. I've seen a grave in a 1-wide corridor but maybe it was at an intersection. I'll look again with that in mind. The path I was trying to take was the most direct, because I was being chased, so using a way around would have meant sucking it up for an attack or two.

The NPC who came out of a grave could not path around a line of graves, and I was able to kill it trivially in ~5 turns with ranged attacks. There was literally 1 tile between us the whole time. That's not good.

I do wish they worked like core game graves in terms of who can walk on what. That seems more intuitive to me. Also IIRC the last hope graveyard coffins NEVER allow you to walk on them, contrary to your graves which allow me to walk on them with one dialog choice but not the other.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:36 am 
Uruivellas

Tiler didn't agree with a shop being put here, heh.
It can still be opened up and browsed, funnily enough.
Thought it was worth a post, just for comedic value.

Attachments:
tome-1.1.5-1389947630.png
tome-1.1.5-1389947630.png [ 196.88 KiB | Viewed 3291 times ]

<mex> cornac shall inherit the Eyal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:47 pm 
Uruivellas

The graves are totally optional, of course.

The auto curse effect from the Last Hope Graveyard was removed because of bugs with the Cursed Aura tree, which should all be fixed now. If there are any bugs still in there, I'll fix them. (Anyone who's looked at that talent code can appreciate how complicated it is.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:49 pm 
Uruivellas

StarKeep wrote:
Tiler didn't agree with a shop being put here, heh.
Clearly this merchant doesn't know how to design a proper kiosk!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Suggestion. Make the extra traps (the one in the maze, and the flashbang you can buy) available in the ID in some fashion.

DarkGod has two arms, one with an opened hand, one with a closed fist. You got the fist.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 pm 
Archmage

Halfway there ... two lives plus spell and ring left :)

http://te4.org/characters/64024/tome/de ... 21b1a89a75

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:42 pm 
Uruivellas

Very nice overtrix!

I noticed that you've invested pretty heavily in the Cursed Aura tree. How has it worked out? Any bugs or other problems?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:42 pm 
Uruivellas

I've uploaded version 2.3 for ToME 1.2.0 to Steam and to te4.org (http://te4.org/sites/default/files/game ... 500_4.teaa).

This updates things for the most recent changes and fixes a few minor bugs (that you probably didn't even notice were there.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 am 
Uruivellas

Version 2.3a is up at http://te4.org/sites/default/files/game ... 500_5.teaa

This fixes a bug that causes the Actor tooltip to not display temporary effects.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:24 am 
Higher

So when i play infinite dungeon with Alchemist the Golem levels up with the same points as my character 3 stat points 1 class point and 1 generic point is this a bug or just really awesome?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:53 pm 
Uruivellas

Are you seeing this with I500 installed? It has been fixed for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:20 pm 
Uruivellas

I've uploaded version 2.3b for ToME 1.2.1 at http://te4.org/sites/default/files/game ... 500_6.teaa and to Steam.

This updates things for 1.2.1 and fixes a bug that causes most NPC's in the I.D. to be poison immune.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:24 pm 
Higher

Yes but i have been using the Drolem so maybe because it isn't the base golem it is reverting the fix?
i will have to try with a normal golem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:03 am 
Uruivellas

This overrides DamageType:newDamageType, but did not update how damage types are added:
Relevant Patch wrote:
- table.insert(self.dam_def, t)
- self[t.type] = #self.dam_def
+ self.dam_def[t.type] = t
+ self[t.type] = t.type
As such, any addons will still define damage types in the old way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 pm 
Higher

I'm getting almost 100% tier 3 drops from lvl 80-110 enemies on floor 20 insane mode currently

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next