ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.1.0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:57 am 
Uruivellas

Recaiden wrote:
Ice Sculpture has to be cast adjacent but has a a range of 6 and snaps to enemies when targeting.

It can be cast on an adjacent tile or anywhere within range 6 if you target a tile with an ice floe. This was a recent change and there's not much I can do to make the targeting interface convey that well, I think, but it is explained in the talent description.

I can adjust the targeting to remove the enemy lock-on, though, thanks for the feedback :)

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 am 
Uruivellas

v1.2.0
---
[General]
Various numbers tweaks to improve defense and ease early game mana management.
Adjusted life rating from -2 to +1.

[Frozen Aegis]
Reduced cooldown.

[Ice Floes]
Adjusted ice floe move speed scaling to give less weight to higher levels.

[Icy Blast]
No longer instant, uses spell speed. Fixed radius. Now also damages foes in the area. Reduced cooldown.

[Rime Coat]
Removed incoming weapon critical chance reduction. Added armor hardiness.

[Cryochamber]
Fixed a bug where the ice block was not removed when the absorption reached 0.

[Cold Fusion]
Now instant cast. Improved values. Increased regen effect duration.

[Icy Cleanse]
Now instant cast. Reduced mana cost. Now properly ignores 'other' type effects.

[Frost Shield]
Now provides flat damage reduction scaling with Spellpower, in addition to the shield effect.
Each time you take damage you will have a chance to create a frost shard. The chance increases each time you take damage on a turn without creating a shard. You can create at most one shard per turn this way, but this ignores the normal turn limit and can stack up to 5 times. This will only occur if you are in combat and foes are nearby.

[Ice Sculpture]
Now inherits your Dexterity, Magic, Spellpower, Defense, and has 100% of your maximum life and 200% increased Cold damage. Additionally, your sculpture will know Frost Shards, Frost Shield, Rime Coat, Icy Edge, Chills and Hypothermia at the same level as yourself. Chills and Hypothermia inflicted by your sculpture consider yourself as the source.

[Frost Prism]
You may now create a Frost Prism on your Ice Sculpture if it is adjacent to you, with no attack.
Frost Prism now also fires beams when you consume a Frost Shard via Cold Fusion and/or Icy Cleanse.

[Arctic Cyclone]
Now deals an additional strike at reduced damage as Cold to targets afflicted with Frozen Feet and removes the effect.

[Blizzard]
Now a passive spell which has a chance to trigger the Blizzard effect whenever you cast a spell. Only triggers while in combat with foes nearby.

[Icicles]
Increased unarmed on-hit Icicle proc damage.

[Frostbite]
Increased healing, slightly increased bonus base damage scaling.

[Deep Freeze]
While Ice Floes is also sustained, you will now create an ice floe of radius 1 lasting 2 turns every X turns you remain in the same place while in combat and foes are nearby.

... And probably some others small tweaks that I have forgotten.

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm 
Uruivellas

Who knew the effects of Frozen were so baked into the engine?
(The guy trying to mimic the effect probably should have looked into more, you would think.)
Thanks to Cathbald for being a more diligent tester than myself, Cryochamber now functions as intended, and a couple of other things have been fixed.

v1.2.1
---
[Ice Hook]
Now properly checks that the target or yourself can traverse the path in between before moving or attacking any targets.
For real this time.

[Frost Prism]
If there is only one target adjacent and your Ice Sculpture is not summoned or not adjacent then the targeting will behave as you would expect based on your auto-select melee target settings (i.e. automatically hitting the target if the option is enabled). If your Ice Sculpture is adjacent, you will still be prompted to select the target.

[Cryochamber]
Now properly stops you from targeting anything aside from the ice block.
Damage to the ice block is now properly logged only once.

[Hailstone]
Projectile speed increased to 1200% base.
Projectile tile size slightly decreased.

[Hail Storm]
Projectile speed increased to 1200% base.

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:10 pm 
Uruivellas

V1.2.2
---

[Cold Fusion ]
Removed mana cost.
Added a small amount of flat mana recovery with each shard consumed by the effect, independent of the stacking regen.

[Icy Cleanse]
Removed mana cost.

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:42 pm 
Uruivellas

v1.2.3
---
[Ice Sculpture]
Will no longer snap to enemies when targeting. Targeter will now start on yourself when casting.

[Hail]
Hailstone, Cone of Cone, and Hail Storm now use the normal friendly-fire parameter instead of having this check baked into the damage type they use. This makes it more consistent with expected behavior. In effect, this prevents Hailstone from crippling allies or neutral targets.

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:16 pm 
Uruivellas

Yeah, I know, a bunch of little updates in one day. It's my day off and someone is actively giving feedback as the play, so I feel compelled to fix things that are 'broken' in any way. Which brings me to...

v.1.2.4
---
[Ice Infusion]
Now grants the proper amount of attack speed when used on a foe.
Swiftstrike buff now displays the speed bonus.

[Icy Pulse]
Now may only be cast if you have at least one active ice floe.

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:17 am 
Higher

Your changes are really messing with me... By that I mean that most of the things you have changed today were things on my list of things to mention as I have leveled up in this play through. :) Definitely still enjoying it, nice work!

Edit - Since the update, whenever I teleport it seems to or from the fortress, I have not check if it is when I move zones at all yet nut I am getting a semi-hard error. By Semi-hard crash I mean that it messes with the screen resolution and makes the game basically unplayable until I save and restart and then it goes back to normal until I teleport out, going to main menu fixes the resolution issue, but I just tested more and it gives the error whenever I change zone, it is fine changing level within a zone.

Code:
Game version (character creation): tome-1.6.7\
Lua Error: /data-frost_invoker/talents/spells/ice_floes.lua:224: attempt to index field 'level' (a nil value)\
  At [C]:-1 __index\
  At /data-frost_invoker/talents/spells/ice_floes.lua:224 on_pre_use\
  At /mod/class/Actor.lua:5860 base_preUseTalent\
  At /mod/addons/frost_invoker/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:44 preUseTalent\
  At /engine/HotkeysIconsDisplay.lua:194 display\
  At /engine/HotkeysIconsDisplay.lua:285 toScreen\
  At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1784 displayHotkeys\
  At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:2026 display\
  At /mod/class/Game.lua:1907 \
  At [C]:-1 forceRedraw\
  At /engine/ui/Waiter.lua:72 getWaitDisplay\
  At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:54 simpleWaiterTip\
  At /engine/Zone.lua:937 getLevel\
  At /mod/class/Game.lua:1156 changeLevelReal\
  At /mod/addons/cults/superload/mod/class/Game.lua:45 changeLevelReal\
  At /mod/class/Game.lua:955 changeLevel\
  At /mod/class/Game.lua:2207 \
  At /engine/KeyBind.lua:243 "

And after MORE testing, turning off ice floes kept the error from happening, but then when it went back on it would happen again. Removing a point from ice floes to make it reset skills/sustains made the error go away completely, so I feel like you will not even be able to test for this. In any case just leaving this edit since it was definitely real but I seemed to have fixed it.

Edit of the edit - Even more testing confirms that it is not fixed, if I take a point out of ice floes (I was 4/5) it stops the error from happening for that game session it seems, have not tested extensively, but changing zones will not give an error pop up, but I just saved and reloaded with it at 3/5 and upon reload the error will pop up every time with the resolution issues (I do have the screen zoomed out a little I think since I play on a large screen so things are a little smaller than normal, think I am at like 80% or 85% zoom and it might just be going to 100% zoom, so someone who is already at 100% zoom may not have an issue once they clear the error, for me it is annoying since the mouse is no longer lining up with where it looks like it is on screen, I am almost 100% sure that is a my end issue, but the error is new and I have not made any changes to tome or my addods since right before or after you made the latest updates).

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:15 am 
Uruivellas

This is why we don't get lazy and do 100% of testing in Trollmire...

Fixed, sorry for an inconvience :oops:

V1.2.5
---
[Freezing Pulse]
Added a check to prevent errors in the world map.

Last edited by nsrr on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm 
Uruivellas

Sorry, icy blast check is stilled bugged in towns, it seems. That last update was done real quick before work this morning and I didn't think towns would behave differently from dungeons. I'll have a fix this evening. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime :/

Post subject: Re: Frost Invoker v1.2.6
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 pm 
Uruivellas

V1.2.6
----
[Freezing Pulse]
Fixed pre use check.
For real this time.

[Frostbite]
Changed healing handling so it is more consistent with other healing based on damage.
Healing is no longer based on damage projected by the attack(i.e. before resists), but rather on the total Cold damage the target actually takes from the attack(i.e. after resists and shields, etc). This will include any on-hit Cold damage from the attack as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 am 
Uruivellas

Sorry, that Frostbite change was a bit hasty and I didn't consider the compatability issue. I worked out a bit of hacky backward compatability that restores the old handling if you know the talent and don't have the callback used by the new handling registered (i.e. you learned the talent before that last update). This won't affect characters created after the update, they will continue to use the callback handling.

V1.2.7
---
[Frostbite]
Implemented backward compatability for characters who learned the talent in an older version.

Now I'm going to go sit on my hands for a few days before I go and make more sloppy changes :oops: (unless a new error crops up, and then please let me know and I will work on fixing it but refrain from other tweaks).