ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:06 pm 
Wyrmic

Character Link

Literally the easiest win I've ever had. Multiclass seems like it balances by making every enemy a randboss/unique (in my experience, more uniques than randbosses) but really I could just bump everything to death (including the endboss) with impunity.

Offense: Steamsaws! together with Tempest of Metal, Rampage, Flexible Combat, and Superpower. I didn't find any of the good standart saws (despite swimming in artifacts thanks to all the bosses/uniques) but randart saws are still very good. Death momentum stacks add raw damage% with great uptime. Seethe also adds raw damage%.

Defense: Death Momentum gives 30 flat all-resistance. Grinding Shield mitigates melee and burst damage. Tempest of Metal straight up negates all damage 25% of the time. Sanctuary mitigates ranged damage. Steam Powered Armor tinker gives an additional 80 flat all-resistance. Rampage shrugs off 70+ damage each turn. Add in a lot of percentage resistances (had about 50%ish base for all, Pain Suppressor Salve maxed it to 70%) and some Armor and nothing was doing meaningful damage to me. Even the endboss couldn't drop me below 90%.

Mobility: Death Momentum, Rampage, Surge, and Saw Wheels gave me 1000% movement speed I could maintain indefinitely out of combat. During combat I only had 600% movespeed, but Blindside and Reckless Charge gave needed mobility. I had a Controlled Phase Door rune I never used as emergency backup.

Bonus Fun: Gloom is always a good time, especially when combined with Superpower. Predator is nice in EoR as the enemy types are predictible and often of a single type for many zones. Unflinching Resolve and Chant of Resistance were unnecessary but gave added survivability.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:53 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

i LOVE multiclass. that's all I play these days. well done