ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 9:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:36 pm 
Uruivellas

My character

I previously beat Normal with a sword + shield version of this build, but last night I beat Nightmare (Adventure) for the first time with the staff + shield version. Check out my build guide for the details. The character page doesn't seem to show it, but I had 285% crit multiplier and 95% physical resist penetration.

I did end up with 6 deaths, but I could have finished with only 1 death and possibly even 0 deaths if I had played more cautiously. Most of the deaths were from either not retreating if a fight was going badly, or playing too fast and not taking time to inspect enemies or read all the debuffs on me. One time I even managed to walk in front of my own Earthen Missiles and one-shot myself, which is fairly bizarre but possible when you have a global speed buff.

This build could definitely handle Nightmare (Roguelike), but my next goal is to try it on Insane with a few modifications and see how it fares. I've never played Insane before, so this will be interesting!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:56 am 
Uruivellas

My first Insane run is currently level 30 and doing pretty well. Insane is challenging, but it's not as bad as I was expecting it to be. Still need to finish Dreadfell though...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:30 pm 
Uruivellas

Got to level 42 on my first Insane attempt, without using the item vault. I ran out of lives and didn't feel confident about finishing on one life, so I just saved my gear for vaulting. Second run is level 30 with only 1 death, so I'm fairly confident in this one.