Using the latest Windows Steam version of 1.3.1, I came across a bug that lets you duplicate any non-stackable
item, up to and including uniques such as the Orb of Scrying, Rod of Recall, and Transmogrification Chest!
- Start an Alchemist character.
- Use the skill "Interact with the golem".
- Select "I want to change your equipment".
- For each line item you want to dupe, left-click and select "Transfer to party", and then select your Alchemist (I know that's odd, just do it). This bug does NOT appear if you simply drag equipment to the golem, or use the standard "Transfer to party" command while in either inventory.
This will leave a copy of the item in the golem's inventory, without affecting the Alchemist's inventory! It will (usually, but not always) only make one copy per line-item
in the Alchemist's inventory that's selected, so you then transfer the golem's copy back to the alchemist, do the same procedure for both, then do it again for 2, 4, 8, 16, and etc. items, ad infinitum (until you crash your inventory, of course)
- This seems to almost surely be a pointer issue, because if you, say imbue one copy of an armor duped this way with a given gem, ALL of the copies (in your inventory, not the golem's, AFAIK) take on that gem as well
- Stackable items fail out immediately with an error, but the game does not crash.
- Uniques generate an error, but DO copy.