ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 am 
Low Yeek

Hi There, I'm currently playing an alchemist (first time for me), and I was in the maze (alternate path). In the southern tip of floor.. 3? I think? There was some kind of hate elite monster 'trapped' in the walls (and there were no diggable walls!). I knew this because they kept spawning those shadow wisp t hingies but I couldn't get at the summoner itself.

In any case, that bugger caused my golem to go haywire and ditch me despite a leash of 5, and when I ran into 2 other elites, I got killed.

This is when I noticed a hateful whispers debuff stacking on me in the space-zone thing you are when you die. After respawning, it remained on me, after finishing the maze, it was still on me.

Now I'm unable to exit any dungeon because of that debuff, and it doesn't wear off. I CAN use the rod of recall, but there are still 2 issues, the first being I can no longer push 'z' to auto-explore. It decides to rest instead. presumably to shake off the debuff I guess?
Second, I just got to the hidden tunnels. I think that's what it's called. The random spawning dungeon with the merchant you rescue from the bandit leader. Anyway, I saved him and want to rescue him by going up the stairs, but I can't go up the stairs because of hateful whispers. I'm not sure if using the rod will fail the quest, even if it doesn't I'm not really eager to play without autoexplore at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:08 pm 
Higher

If you're not concerned about showing off your win, you can enable developer mode and load the save (which invalidates it as cheaty). In dev mode, you can just right-click on a temporary effect and remove it.