It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:03 am 
Halfling

Mac OS X Sierra.

With 1.5.5 src, I am compiling using the Xcode tool provided. I get:

Code:
Apple LLVM 8.0 Error

No such file or directory: '/Users/maryrose/Desktop/RL/tome/t-engine4-src-1.5.5/src/lpeg/lpeg.c'
    No input files

The directory itself already exists with the 1.5.5-src distribution and has lpcap.c, .h; lpcode.c, .h; lpprint.c, .h; etc. But no file called just lpeg.c.

I know this is a Lua grammar parser, but I'm not sure which file I should download at the lpeg site to potentially fix this. (There is no file just called "lpeg.c" in the lpeg-1.0.1 distribution.)

In case lpeg.c is somehow generated by other code (doubtful but possible) here's the command line Xcode was working on when the file was found to be missing:

Code:
CompileC /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/lpeg.o /Users/maryrose/Desktop/RL/tome/t-engine4-src-1.5.5/src/lpeg/lpeg.c normal x86_64 c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    cd /Users/maryrose/Desktop/RL/tome/t-engine4-src-1.5.5/mac
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x c -arch x86_64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -gmodules -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -fno-common -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wunreachable-code -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wuninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -DUSE_TENGINE_MAIN=1 -DNULL=0 -DTENGINE_HOME_PATH=\"/Library/Application\ Support/T-Engine/\" -DPHYSFS_SUPPORTS_ZIP=1 -DTE4CORE_VERSION=14 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk -fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wdeprecated-declarations -mmacosx-version-min=10.12 -g -Wno-sign-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -iquote /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/T-Engine-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/T-Engine-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/T-Engine-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/T-Engine-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Products/Debug/include -I/Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/DerivedSources/x86_64 -I/Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Products/Debug -include /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/T_Engine_Prefix-fdlhbzddvrzkoycjhbwfeccvteep/T_Engine_Prefix.pch -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/lpeg.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/lpeg.dia -c /Users/maryrose/Desktop/RL/tome/t-engine4-src-1.5.5/src/lpeg/lpeg.c -o /Users/maryrose/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/T-Engine-bvbokotuwhwelvfyvtsrebjlyjbw/Build/Intermediates/T-Engine.build/Debug/T-Engine.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/lpeg.o

clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/maryrose/Desktop/RL/tome/t-engine4-src-1.5.5/src/lpeg/lpeg.c'
clang: error: no input files

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:04 am 
Halfling

I am trying to develop a guide to compiling on Mac. (If one exists elsewhere, let me know; but I haven't found one in the forums.)

-- download [1.5.5] source code at te4.org using the "download" menu at the top (not just clicking on the "download and play" button!)

-- download the Mac disk image "dmg" files at
https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf ... e-1.2.html
https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ima ... e-1.2.html
https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mix ... e-1.2.html
https://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

--open the dmg files above and copy the frameworks to /Library/Frameworks/
If you don't see "/Library" using your finder, use the terminal command line or google how to make your Library files show up in Mac finder
This copy requires admin permissions; someone else may be able to explain how to rework this to copy them to /Users/[user]/Library/Frameworks if you are not an admin

--In a terminal, go to [location where you put the tome download]/game/engines/ and run
mkdir default
mv te4-1.5.5.teae default
cd default
unzip te4-1.5.5.teae

--at the terminal command line, go to [location]/game/modules/ and run
mkdir tome
mv tome-1.5.5.teae tome
cd tome
unzip tome-1.5.5.teae

--[getting SDL2 directions to come]

--in finder (or using the command line) go to [location]/mac and execute the file T-Engine.xcodeproj

--in Xcode, under "Product", run "Build"

More to come as I get farther in the process.