ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Frequent Crashing; Odd Graphics
Page 1 of 1

Author:  TORUMASUTA [ Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Frequent Crashing; Odd Graphics

I don't know if my two problems are related to each other, but both started after the upgrade to Maj'Eyal on Steam to 1.5.

I used Steam's option to check file integrity.

The crashing appears to be random. Sometimes, it happens while transitioning through a level. Other times, it happens inside a level, and the longer I am on the current floor, the more likely a crash will be.

The odd graphics are...well, odd. Like they're taking information that looks like they would be used for animations and effects and just pasting bunches of graphics onto my character's doll. At least one sustain being on or off determined whether the corrupted graphics showed up. Something similar happens during name creation and I type in a name. ... =883788496 ... =883797735 ... =884235409

I checked the log but couldn't find the error. The log just up and quits mid-word.

Author:  Micbran [ Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Frequent Crashing; Odd Graphics

Huh. Honestly my best opinion might be to reinstall, but DG might want to know what caused this. You could try enabling flush logs or whatever to try and get more out of the log and replicate it.

Sometimes the log file is cut off before the error occurs. In which case, you should enable flush logging (there is an option in the launcher for windows, or there is a command line option (--flush-stdout)). Then if possible, you do whatever you did before and the log will print correctly. Remember to turn off flush logging afterwards, as it makes the game run slowly.

Author:  TORUMASUTA [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Frequent Crashing; Odd Graphics

Reinstalled Steam version. Same errors. Installed the standalone game with log flushing, and got an entirely new error. I couldn't get the game to crash and thus generate a log because opening up my inventory, or having it opened by changing a level, would resize my display such that what should be on screen has been "pushed" about six inches past where my display ends. Since the mouse's apparent position, and what the game considers the mouse's position, are very different, I couldn't get very far.

This is the error I got, again and again:

Lua Error: /engine/Object.lua:232: attempt to index a nil value
At [C]:-1 __index
At /engine/Object.lua:232 getRequirementDesc
At /mod/class/Object.lua:2032 getDesc
At /mod/dialogs/ShowEquipInven.lua:54 on_select
At /mod/dialogs/ShowEquipInven.lua:234 select
At /mod/dialogs/ShowEquipInven.lua:93 on_select
At /engine/ui/ListColumns.lua:437 onSelect
At /engine/ui/ListColumns.lua:658 display
At /engine/ui/Inventory.lua:308 display
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:921 toScreen
At /engine/Game.lua:186 display

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170209-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: OptiPlex 780
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3996MB RAM
Page File: 2438MB used, 5551MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group