ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:32 am 
Thalore

The AI appears to be unaware of the max range of their PBAoE skills, like pyrokinesis. They will often hit these as soon as they see the player, even if your well out of range of it. Most noticeable in the alt Heart of the Gloom, given how many things there have pyrokinesis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:44 am 
Uruivellas

I doubt that general mobs in alt Heart of the Gloom have tactical AI.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:27 pm 
Thalore

I've noticed plenty of mindslayer rares doing it as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 am 
Cornac

Whirlwind is used consistently as a "Defensive" behavior, almost never when player/hostiles are adjacent to the caster (only by accident when they are). This makes some enemies like Rogues still less threatening than they ought to be.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:43 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

my addon fixed all these issues, but it is probably out of date now, with all the code changes.

see viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38820 for a list of all the improvements i made. afaik, none of these have been added into the game yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:09 pm 
Spiderkin

Most foes with corruption/torment use blood lock right at the beginning of a fight. When in general the player has his/her full health... It is probably unjustified to make deep changes to the tactical AI just for this (somehow specific) talent.
But a simple fix would be to forbid the use of blood lock, as the use of any other talent would be better than the lost turn required to cast a useless spell....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:16 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

As of 1.1.5 oozemancer rares will use thorn grab, when out of range for it. If one is not in melee range, a melee range talent should not be used.

DarkGod has two arms, one with an opened hand, one with a closed fist. You got the fist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:37 pm 

Behavior of player's dream projections is inadequate ( viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40779 ). My clone was fighting a single skeleton, and instead of just killing it using beam spells, he first put it into time prison, and then cast a chain lightning, killing both skeleton and me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 am 
Halfling

wobbly wrote:
supermini wrote:
The AI uses the spinning beam from the aether tree poorly.

It places the beam on top of the player, even though that is the place where it's the safest (no silence, small % of damage). Maybe place it to a free adjacent tile?

Just had a mage use this while I was melee-ing him. He's hitting himself for more damage then me. Plus he's now silenced himself.

The same problems exists with "other" traps. NPCs place them under you where they can not trigger.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:09 am 
Halfling

Some NPCs know exactly where you are, even though they shouldn't be able to know.
NPCs use aoe spells to hit you at range 11+, which would be ok if they are guessing.
If you run away and stood out of vision range (10) and even changed directions, they still seem to know exactly where you are and hit you.

E.g. Orc corrupters do it with Corrupted negation. Orc pyromances with inferno.

It's even worse for doomed with creeping darkness: If they saw you once and you go into your darkness, don't use abilites and just move around 4 spaces in a random direction: bosses still hit you with single spells like flame or manathurst. They seem to know exactly where you are, even if they can't possibly know.
This makes the ability pretty useless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:43 pm 

Allied tactical AI's been causing a bunch of trouble for me lately. In the new DLC, Embers of Rage, at the time you get to Sunwall Outpost, you'd usually get friendly orc followers, and for some reason, i keep getting the same error upon meeting guards, sun paladins and archers. This usually happens with Alchemist as well.

Here's the error:
Lua Error: /mod/ai//tactical.lua:125: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got function)
At [C]:-1
At [C]:-1 pairs
At /mod/ai//tactical.lua:125 runAI
At /mod/ai//tactical.lua:435 runAI
At /mod/ai//party.lua:36 doAI
At /mod/class/NPC.lua:72 act
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:129 tickLevel
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:64 tick
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1277

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:14 am 

I'm pretty sure this has been a bug for a long time, but I have noticed recently that oozes etc. frequently use their healing infusions as soon as they see you, rather than do something useful like spit at you. They are at full hp, so it should be a simple 'hey I don't need this AT ALL so lets just not.' (I know it is a lot more complicated than that, and that j type enemies aren't the brightest, but still)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:53 am 
Halfling

AI can cheat with Destroy Magic (mind star activation:applies spell failure to target, stuns undead). They use it from behind walls at any range.
Code:
[SPELL] friendly fire chance   100
[useTalent] TALENT FAILED:   T_ACTIVATE_OBJECT_1   for   Aeruth the white jelly   119323   true
[LOG]   
[useTalent] TALENT FAILED:   T_ACTIVATE_OBJECT_1   for   Aeruth the white jelly   119323   true
[LOG]   Resting starts...
[LOG]   Rested for 3 turns (stop reason: detrimental status effect).
checkHit   37.45   vs   52   => chance to hit   14
[LOG]   Ordgaar's magic has been disrupted.
checkHit   37.45   vs   52   => chance to hit   14
[LOG]   Ordgaar is stunned!
[LOG]   

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:54 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

If you study the log, you'll see that npcs constantly use talents when no one is around. This is a major cause of slowdown on higher levels sometimes.

It would be good to address the underlying mechanism at work here, to boost the game speed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:16 pm 
Spiderkin

jenx wrote:
If you study the log, you'll see that npcs constantly use talents when no one is around. This is a major cause of slowdown on higher levels sometimes.

It would be good to address the underlying mechanism at work here, to boost the game speed.

http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=47952

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7