ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:58 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:08 am 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 am
Posts: 41
Awww, too bad. I'll just have to look for one to drop, then. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:04 am 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 am
Posts: 41
Okay, I have to ask... what does Consuming the Sandworm Queen's Heart do to a Fire Drake? I got a message when I did it, but nothing visible happened...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
Almonihah wrote:
Okay, I have to ask... what does Consuming the Sandworm Queen's Heart do to a Fire Drake? I got a message when I did it, but nothing visible happened...

The change was not "external"... It was... "Within". *wink*

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:59 am 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 am
Posts: 41
Having stared at my character sheet and level-up screen for a while... yeah, I still have no clue. XD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:40 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
Almonihah wrote:
Having stared at my character sheet and level-up screen for a while... yeah, I still have no clue. XD

DEEPER than that! Maybe... You just need to unleash it...?

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:42 am 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 am
Posts: 41
Ooooooohhhh... I had to unzip the code and sift through it for a while before I finally understood. Interesting. I'm not sure it's worth it, though. Probably on future drake runs I'll just use it the normal way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2263
Almonihah wrote:
Ooooooohhhh... I had to unzip the code and sift through it for a while before I finally understood. Interesting. I'm not sure it's worth it, though. Probably on future drake runs I'll just use it the normal way.


Cmon. This is a spoiler thread so please just say what happens. I come here when i WANT to know, not for now obfuscation!

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:20 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
jenx wrote:
Almonihah wrote:
Ooooooohhhh... I had to unzip the code and sift through it for a while before I finally understood. Interesting. I'm not sure it's worth it, though. Probably on future drake runs I'll just use it the normal way.


Cmon. This is a spoiler thread so please just say what happens. I come here when i WANT to know, not for now obfuscation!

It causes the next Drakeling you summon to be replaced by a unique Drakeling called "Eelkas".
She's a Proud, Loving, Female Drakeling who starts with TL10 Growing Bones, TL5 Swallow, TL4 Quake, and TL2 Sand Breath.
She has a preference for learning "Savage Strength" and "Nature Hardened" when leveling up.
She starts at "50/100" knowledge, meaning she IMMEDIATELY has 11 Cunning (and thus, starts with her "Fire Safety", "Observation" and "Anti-Death" traits).
When she's born, she says: "Child... You are bold to return me in this form!", which is supposed to imply she's basically the Sandworm Queen reborn as one of your children.


Basically, this is an entirely AWESOME Drakeling that is built to last-- And (if you're good at raising Drakelings) may make you reconsider the bonuses the sandworm heart normally gives you.

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:43 am 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 am
Posts: 41
That was actually the first time I'd ever summoned a new drakeling... so I didn't know that it was unusual for them to say strange things when summoned. XD

Also, that 'birthing sickness' is a pain, given how hard it was to replace my drakeling in the first place--I think it was my fourth try before I managed to get inspiration in a quiet place where I wouldn't be disturbed for long enough to summon a new drakeling, so it was rather annoying to then be slammed with a long-term debuff after I'd *finally* managed to get my drakeling back. But admittedly, Con is not the worst stat to get debuffed, and it didn't kill me, so I can't complain too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:24 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
Almonihah wrote:
That was actually the first time I'd ever summoned a new drakeling... so I didn't know that it was unusual for them to say strange things when summoned. XD

There's an entire "Welcome to this world, child" sort of dialogue that happens whenever a "mundane" Drakeling is born, actually! I would argue it's almost worthwhile to let one of the "initial" Drakelings die for the sake of seeing it (because it is different EVERY time, based on the qualities of the Drakeling that is created)

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:10 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2263
nekarcos wrote:
jenx wrote:
Almonihah wrote:
Ooooooohhhh... I had to unzip the code and sift through it for a while before I finally understood. Interesting. I'm not sure it's worth it, though. Probably on future drake runs I'll just use it the normal way.


Cmon. This is a spoiler thread so please just say what happens. I come here when i WANT to know, not for now obfuscation!

It causes the next Drakeling you summon to be replaced by a unique Drakeling called "Eelkas".
She's a Proud, Loving, Female Drakeling who starts with TL10 Growing Bones, TL5 Swallow, TL4 Quake, and TL2 Sand Breath.
She has a preference for learning "Savage Strength" and "Nature Hardened" when leveling up.
She starts at "50/100" knowledge, meaning she IMMEDIATELY has 11 Cunning (and thus, starts with her "Fire Safety", "Observation" and "Anti-Death" traits).
When she's born, she says: "Child... You are bold to return me in this form!", which is supposed to imply she's basically the Sandworm Queen reborn as one of your children.


Basically, this is an entirely AWESOME Drakeling that is built to last-- And (if you're good at raising Drakelings) may make you reconsider the bonuses the sandworm heart normally gives you.


Thanks! I definitely WONT be consuming it in this case as i can't keep drakekings alive long enough to make this worthwhile.

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:06 am 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 69
A few Hoarding Beast effects that I've found, for Hydra or otherwise -

Serpent's Glare - Extra head (25% Wild, 30% Wil, 30% Cun, 50% Dex) that does nature damage over a few turns, gain talent Spit Poison at lvl 2
Crystal Focus - Extra head (25% Wild, 120% Wil, 240% Mag) that does arcane damage
Prox's Lucky Halfling Foot - Gives all Monstrosities +Lck, dunno by how much, 5?
Tooth of the Mouth - Gives all Monstrosities a Phys Power boost, dunno by how much
Behemoth Hide - Can be worn as a cloak by all Monstrosities
Eye of the Wyrm - Extra head with a higher Wil mod I wanna say, splits damage as Fire, Cold, Lightning... Acid too? Can't really remember much about this one, gave Venomous Breath for sure
Serpentine Cloak - When worn by Hydra, gives an extra +10 Wil, +5 Con (total 10), +20% Nature, +.10 Ego/Serpent
Primal Infusion - +Wild Power (5? 10?)
Blood of Life - Instant revival upon next death
Crystal Heart - On hit melee effect, 10 arcane damage

I wonder if Legacy of the Naloren does anything...


Last edited by emblempride on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:42 am 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:45 pm
Posts: 41
Is it possible to fill clasping slot for drakelings?
Is there a way to corrupt initial drakelings?
And how to unlock blighted start?
If you're blighted, your new drakelings could get Anti-death trait that makes them immortal. Do they save their level and talents upon dying?
Serpent's glare is showing as appetizing for both Drake and Ritch, but doesn't seem to actually do anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:40 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2263
I've consumed higher tier artefacts with effects but i can't remember any of them lol

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:32 am 
Offline
Archmage

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:28 am
Posts: 331
Location: Eyal
What exactly does the Aletta's Diadem progidy do? It boosted the last surviving member of the original drakes, but how or who it can affect wasn't clear.

Also, is it possible to get the Demolitives tree? My drakes use it, but I haven't seen a way to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group