ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:38 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:45 am 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 54
So how are you supposed to deal with dark crypt as an avatar?
Disregarding how deadly everything is, which is not the issue that place is stupid hard, you can't horde enough infusions to combat the blight corruption. Luckily dying clears you of all the blight you have or i don't think even my Exploration character could beat it. Are you supposed to give up on it and rod out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:52 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
Darkgobbo wrote:
So how are you supposed to deal with dark crypt as an avatar?
Disregarding how deadly everything is, which is not the issue that place is stupid hard, you can't horde enough infusions to combat the blight corruption. Luckily dying clears you of all the blight you have or i don't think even my Exploration character could beat it. Are you supposed to give up on it and rod out?


... You see, THIS is why I didn't want to nerf Blighting Threshold. :?

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:26 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:45 pm
Posts: 946
Location: Middle of Nowhere
I know you can increase your threshold with Con, but does it scale to anything else? If not, perhaps the base should scale to player level, so it stays more proportional to the size of the hits you'll be taking?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:25 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
nsrr wrote:
I know you can increase your threshold with Con, but does it scale to anything else? If not, perhaps the base should scale to player level, so it stays more proportional to the size of the hits you'll be taking?

It DOES scale with player level. :lol:
Otherwise, only Constitution.

The formula for blighting is: "7500*([con]/100 + [level]/50) *0.7" (the *0.7 is the nerf I implemented)

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
Halfling

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 80
Darkgobbo wrote:
So how are you supposed to deal with dark crypt as an avatar?
Disregarding how deadly everything is, which is not the issue that place is stupid hard, you can't horde enough infusions to combat the blight corruption. Luckily dying clears you of all the blight you have or i don't think even my Exploration character could beat it. Are you supposed to give up on it and rod out?


Just use my patented guide to the crypt:
1. Don't
2. Don't
But specially
3.Don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:18 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2263
daed4 wrote:
Darkgobbo wrote:
So how are you supposed to deal with dark crypt as an avatar?
Disregarding how deadly everything is, which is not the issue that place is stupid hard, you can't horde enough infusions to combat the blight corruption. Luckily dying clears you of all the blight you have or i don't think even my Exploration character could beat it. Are you supposed to give up on it and rod out?


Just use my patented guide to the crypt:
1. Don't
2. Don't
But specially
3.Don't.


ditto for Mark of the Spellblaze

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:21 pm 
Offline
Halfling

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 80
jenx wrote:
daed4 wrote:
Darkgobbo wrote:
So how are you supposed to deal with dark crypt as an avatar?
Disregarding how deadly everything is, which is not the issue that place is stupid hard, you can't horde enough infusions to combat the blight corruption. Luckily dying clears you of all the blight you have or i don't think even my Exploration character could beat it. Are you supposed to give up on it and rod out?


Just use my patented guide to the crypt:
1. Don't
2. Don't
But specially
3.Don't.


ditto for Mark of the Spellblaze

In fact avoid anything with elves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:39 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
... To be fair, I made sure to visit absolutely EVERY single zone during all of my test runs. If a place was killing me a lot, or I was frequently brick-walled by a boss, that is when I would stop and consider ways to buff/improve the class. That means it shouldn't be "impossible" to deal with most areas-- Though it's usually a great risk.

With that said-- I'll have you know there's a very good reason for Avatars to visit both "The Dark Crypt" and "Spellblaze Mark". However, I'll admit... The rewards aren't really worth the horrible kill-death-die you will be facing when visiting either... :lol:

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:33 pm 
Offline
Halfling

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 80
nekarcos wrote:
Avatars to visit both "The Dark Crypt"

I hope that's getting to [KISS HER] on a mantis. She's a slut.

nekarcos wrote:
I hear you're an amazing developer who knows a lot about ToME...

I like how butthurt you're over an innocuous comment. I never tried drolem since alchemist is pretty boring so I didn't remember if it gave anything extra, and since the other customize was redhead I was "yeah that's just a cosmetic thing".

However you're 50% correct here, I happen to be an amazing dev. That said, I used my superior programming abilities to do the very complicated task of unlocking blighted. Jokes aside, I'd wanted to tell you that the 4th ability of hydra should denote it's drain per turn. And that,(this might be because I cheated) the fact you start with such low attributes (well under 10 on will) means that starting as blighted is actually night impossible. On ritch it's tree it's GOAT. Love it. Takes care of most bad things ritch has. However it seems to be a weird grammatical error on ritch's first ability, it denotes "Living: .... when you hit an UNliving" and "Unliving: .... when you hit a LIVING..." which is confusing; since UNLIVING: actually works on LIVING as the descriptor says (and the other way around too).


Also yes, talked to the summoner but he didn't have an option to unfuck my stats. Also I can still eat infusions but not runes when starting as blighted and you mentioned corrupted heart=runes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:24 pm 
Offline
Wyrmic

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:55 pm
Posts: 297
So I'm not quite sure what's up with the Fortress and blight reduction. It's only worked for me once: when I was at 4500 blight and it took off a measly 500ish. That's like 1 hit from a Vor pride corruptor.

Frankly I think it should be a full purge like the Summoner. Otherwise I'll be ferrying back to the Summoner from the East a LOT.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:14 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
tabs wrote:
So I'm not quite sure what's up with the Fortress and blight reduction. It's only worked for me once: when I was at 4500 blight and it took off a measly 500ish. That's like 1 hit from a Vor pride corruptor.

Frankly I think it should be a full purge like the Summoner. Otherwise I'll be ferrying back to the Summoner from the East a LOT.

The Sher'tul Butler explains that it can only remove half of what would cause your utter corruption (hence why it only removed a measly 500). Interestingly, you can use this as a way to gauge EXACTLY how much blighting you can withstand-- Which is something I overlooked, hahaha!

But yeah, the gameplay reason for this is that the player can constantly charge the fortress via blighting, so I wanted some sort of risk to be involved in doing so. This, and it is meant to be a fail-safe for players who are stuck in the Far East and can't cure their Blighting at The Summoner-- And it ended up as it is now.

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:24 am 
Offline
Wyrmic

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:55 pm
Posts: 297
So Chromatic Harness has an "Inspect" option but does nothing when consumed (as Hydra). Is it possible to remove the option for classes which don't get a special benefit?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:21 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
tabs wrote:
So Chromatic Harness has an "Inspect" option but does nothing when consumed (as Hydra). Is it possible to remove the option for classes which don't get a special benefit?

It would be pretty hard to know if an object can do anything at all! Are you sure you want something like that?

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:45 pm 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 am
Posts: 41
nekarcos wrote:
tabs wrote:
So Chromatic Harness has an "Inspect" option but does nothing when consumed (as Hydra). Is it possible to remove the option for classes which don't get a special benefit?

It would be pretty hard to know if an object can do anything at all! Are you sure you want something like that?


Perhaps it would be better to have some kind of "Maybe someone else would find this more to their taste" message? :D Honestly, it doesn't bother me much either way--I don't keep track of what has and hasn't had an inspect option.

Oh, one thing I was wondering about--are there any ways for Avatars to gain size other than Growing Bones, Hydra's Splitting Wounds, and the stance for Flame Drakes (whatever it was called)? I grabbed the Behemoth Hide from my Item Vault, figuring that eating it might do something, and was kind of disappointed when it didn't. I've been enjoying the fact that size actually *does* something for these classes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 pm
Posts: 619
Almonihah wrote:
Oh, one thing I was wondering about--are there any ways for Avatars to gain size other than Growing Bones, Hydra's Splitting Wounds, and the stance for Flame Drakes (whatever it was called)? I grabbed the Behemoth Hide from my Item Vault, figuring that eating it might do something, and was kind of disappointed when it didn't. I've been enjoying the fact that size actually *does* something for these classes.

GAAH! Actually, Behemoth's Hide DOES do something!! It turns into a WEARABLE *CLOAK* when a "Monstrosity" race character picks it up-- But if you pulled it out from your Vault... It won't have any of the special properties my add-on places on it during game generation... Sorry pal!

_________________
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group