ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:43 am 
Higher

Yeah I'm sorry to say my insane TW died to oneshot. Maybe I wasn't being careful enough, partly due to me being annoyed that Sandworm Queen didn't spawn at all.
I had used lifeblood but wasn't given opportunity to use it? Don't know why..also lost a bunch of great items collected over several runs and felt that I'm done with TE4 for awhile. I probably show up for 1.3 again :)

/Dhurke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 pm 
Spiderkin

Dhurke wrote:
Yeah I'm sorry to say my insane TW died to oneshot. Maybe I wasn't being careful enough, partly due to me being annoyed that Sandworm Queen didn't spawn at all.
I had used lifeblood but wasn't given opportunity to use it? Don't know why..also lost a bunch of great items collected over several runs and felt that I'm done with TE4 for awhile. I probably show up for 1.3 again :)

/Dhurke

Too bad, insane and madness are like one-shotting players though, you are not alone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:27 pm 
Wyrmic

Shesh wrote:
I would probably slide necromancer and brawler one tier down. At least that can be justified by the lack of madness necromancer and insane brawler wins.

I think Mankeli has done enough to show Necro is Tier S. Might not be a win yet, but it seems far enough in for proof of concept.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:22 pm 
Thalore

cctobias wrote:
Shesh wrote:
I would probably slide necromancer and brawler one tier down. At least that can be justified by the lack of madness necromancer and insane brawler wins.

I think Mankeli has done enough to show Necro is Tier S. Might not be a win yet, but it seems far enough in for proof of concept.

Agreed.

I think it's about time to open discussion for the donator/add on classes. I think Doombringer is an easy tier A, but what about Demonologist/Stone Warden?

I don't wish to prejudice discussion but I believe Demonologist is still very much underwhelming and the starting area certainly doesn't help, potentially placing it in the lowest rank.

Stone Warden I have not played.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:05 am 
Thalore

Although far less of a discussion, where would you put Doomelf on the race list? I find Haste of the Doomed really strong, as one would expect of an instant error-less phase door.Resilience of the Doomed is pretty handy as well, but I found Corruption and Pitiless pretty meh. Those first two though, I myself would put the humble Doomelf on par with Thalore.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:33 pm 
Halfling

Why you place 'zerk so high?
Isn't his damage pretty low?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:51 pm 
Retired Ninja

daed4 wrote:

Unstoppable and especially Unstoppable Timeless.

Dead characters do zero damage.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:33 pm 
Thalore

1.3 changes!

Temporal Warden moved down to Tier A as no longer able to abuse wand + damage smearing.

Paradox Mage moved up to Tier A due to class improvements.

Ogre added to Tier C, the infusion abuse is decent (probably really strong on NM-) but I don't see anything as game breaking as the races further up.

Stone Warden added to Tier B.

Doombringer added to Tier A.

Demonologist added to Tier C. This class has a lot of issues starting out.

Doomelf added to Tier C.

Wyrmic still in Tier C, debating whether to move it up to Tier B just because of the increase in damage output.

Also considering moving Berzerker/Marauder down. Further to this Necromancer may be too clunky in execution to pull off Madness and so I am also considering moving it down.

As always the list is up for debate and I appreciate input.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:09 pm 
Retired Ninja

Referring to chrono changes.

Is that from play testing or looking over talents? Just curious. A rank I'm happy with, assuming your not ranking them that way based on some cheese I'm not aware of (like pre1.3 ward abuse).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:11 pm 
Uruivellas

Ogres are Cornacs that have been forced sink 8 generic points and put their category point into an inscription unlock, but in return get
-more life rating
-10 less cooldown on inscriptions (permanent heroism infusion with some class support)
-an offhand slot for 2H users for only 4 generics (free Life Drinker slot for mages)
-surprisingly reliable +20% crit mod (trips on stuff like Mindslayer shields)

I'd rate them B, if not A.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:12 am 
Cornac

edge2054 wrote:
daed4 wrote:

Unstoppable and especially Unstoppable Timeless.

Dead characters do zero damage.

I think Timeless does not work on Unstoppable anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:08 pm 
Higher

With the upcoming Timeless+Unstoppable nerf, Marauder/Berserker will no longer be top tier. In my opinion, Berserker would be tier A/B, because Unstoppable is still pretty strong regardless of timeless. Marauder I would definitely class as tier A, because Battle Tactics is still really strong, and yeah they get Unstoppable too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:21 pm 
Thalore

Updated, I wasn't sure if the Timeless nerf was the final nail in the coffin; of course if anyone can repeat the feat they will get moved back up. Same goes for necromancer.

Moved ogres up after checking them out a bit.

PM is borderline Tier S, but it remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:05 am 
Archmage

How about Ghoul, doesn't it belong in a tier D below most other races?

Possibly Yeek, as well?

My impression is that both of these are significantly more challenging to play than boring-but-reliable choices like dwarf and halfling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:07 am 
Thalore

The system in use here is set up based upon ability to beat madness/insane. As such, there isn't any real difference between a ghoul and a dwarf, they both suck at higher tiers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next