ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:47 pm 
Yeek

I would like to use T-Engine4 to develop a roguelike but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring some things out. To start with, I wanted to modify the simple example project to use a tileset rather than ascii for the random dungeon that it generates. Simple right? No. For for the life of me I can't get it to work.

I put my tile images in a 'terrain' directory under the gfx folder. In the general/grids/basic.lua file I pointed the walls and floors to my tileset images (name = "wall", image = "terrain/granite_wall1.png", for example). However, no matter what I do, it still loads up showing ascii instead of the tiles. Tilesets are enabled in my game options so I can't figure out why it doesn't use my tile images.

After 2 days of trying to figure this out, I'm beyond frustrated. Nowhere in the sparse documentation does it mention tilesets at all. There are no examples. I looked at the Hulk module and as far as I can tell, I'm doing what they did but it still doesn't work.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what i need to do to get tilesets to be used in modules?