ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal
http://forums.te4.org/

What is the most melee hits from a single talent?
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47017
Page 2 of 2

Author:  ster [ Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

Number43 wrote:
That is, to get a tinker escort you need to beat embers. To unlock tinker classes in the main campaign, beat the boss of the "Sunwall Outpost" with any 2 tinker classes.

Tinker escorts actually come with the tinker class unlock for beating sunwall. Thankfully you don't need to slog through the entire embers campaign.

Author:  jenx [ Sun May 21, 2017 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

I have found at least one way to boost this in 1.5.x - Hidden Blades tool under Cunning / Artifice. This could make a big difference. Any other changes in 1.5.x which increase total number of hits from a single talent?

Author:  visage [ Mon May 22, 2017 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

jenx wrote:
I have found at least one way to boost this in 1.5.x - Hidden Blades tool under Cunning / Artifice. This could make a big difference. Any other changes in 1.5.x which increase total number of hits from a single talent?


The description of Hidden Blades makes it look like you get one hit per 4 turns. Does it behave differently from that?

Author:  fateriddle [ Sun May 28, 2017 2:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

I've been building in such way. One thing I find is you can't manage resource with such build at all. 2-3 turns will deplete your mana completely.

Author:  fateriddle [ Sun May 28, 2017 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

Also if you really wanna to go further, here're some great boosts:

1. earthpower with dual shields, the third talent in the tree counter attack when get hit. And shield procs are hitting 300% harder than normal ones.

2. celecial guardian. The first skill provide a shield bash proc.

3. Saws are considered both weapon and shield in this regard(so connecting 2 and 3). And butcher's 3rd talent gives one more attack too.

This will push the limit of hits far more for saw users.

Author:  jenx [ Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

fateriddle wrote:
Also if you really wanna to go further, here're some great boosts:

1. earthpower with dual shields, the third talent in the tree counter attack when get hit. And shield procs are hitting 300% harder than normal ones.

2. celecial guardian. The first skill provide a shield bash proc.

3. Saws are considered both weapon and shield in this regard(so connecting 2 and 3). And butcher's 3rd talent gives one more attack too.

This will push the limit of hits far more for saw users.


so, then, how about taking Hidden Resources prodigy, with Higher resource management too?

Author:  jenx [ Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

ok, i've been working on this in 1.5.5 with a new approach, thanks to some suggestions.

my adventurer has steamsaws. i have Flexible combat prodigy, with cripple proc on gloves. i have TK wielded weapon (not one with fancy extra hits). I then activate saw wheels and tempest of metal. I then use dissolve for 4 hits. I count total number of strikes as the total number of times non-weapon proc is triggered. So I have light for example on a ring, I count the number of times light damage is done. I also have earthen missiles.

I'm getting roughly:

Tempest of Metal: 2-5 strikes
Dissolve: 11-17 strikes
Beyond the Flesh: 1 strike (this never seems to get the extra hits added to it, they go to the previous two talents)

That's a total of 13-22 strikes from using dissolve.

My reckoning is that not only procs and but also magical combat works off strikes, so that's a max of 19 triggers for earthen missiles. I get about 5-10 per dissolve hit.

I could add an extra attack with GWF or Guardian, or Hidden Blades, but these are now limited to one per turn, so I believe they will only add 1 more strike to this approach.

Author:  visage [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

jenx wrote:
I could add an extra attack with GWF or Guardian, or Hidden Blades, but these are now limited to one per turn, so I believe they will only add 1 more strike to this approach.


GWF can give you one more attack per weapon, so 4 more strikes in this case. (With Sawrd, GWF can give you 6 more rather than 4.)

Author:  jenx [ Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What is the most melee hits from a single talent?

visage wrote:
jenx wrote:
I could add an extra attack with GWF or Guardian, or Hidden Blades, but these are now limited to one per turn, so I believe they will only add 1 more strike to this approach.


GWF can give you one more attack per weapon, so 4 more strikes in this case. (With Sawrd, GWF can give you 6 more rather than 4.)


how do you get 4 more if GWF is once per turn, even if it is once per weapon? and if Sawrd is 3 extra hits, why is it not 7, or 16?

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/