ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:45 am 
Halfling

dartom wrote:
Added the new 1.6 release.

Make sure to access the page over https - https://tometips.github.io - the http version seems to have some caching issues right now, causing the new version to not load.

It would be nice to add the talent mastery level of 1.6, to demostrate talent's effects if you take the new Adept prodigy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm 
Wayist

Added the 1.6.1 version, including the new Annihilator class. Also added the 1.6 mastery as requested.

Technomancers are handled weirdly in code, so for now at least, they do not appear in the class list. The talents that they get are shown in the talents list, in the Spell category.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:59 am 
Yeek

It looks like talents don't scale properly.

At 1.3 mastery, Assassination/Terrorize duration on tometips scales as 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, while in-game it scales as 3, 4, 5, 5, 6. I find some other numbers are off, like with Dual Techniques/Dual Strike, which has its damage on tometips at level 1 at 110%, while it's 111% in-game. This was tested on a Rogue. Testing with a Shadowblade, the problem seems present at 1.0 mastery as well, with Dual Strike doing 105% damage on tometips, but 106% in-game.

I've tested it with the DLCs both on and off. All addons disabled, of course.

I suspect this is a deep rooted issue, and more than likely affects everything.

Issue on GitHub.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:40 pm 
Wayist

Um. Do you have some kind of an addon or item that modifies talent levels or calculations or something? I'm getting 110% on Dual Strike, exactly as on tometips, not 111%. Went through the Terrorize code, and the result should be 5 at level 5 too, not 6 (5.51 to be exact, the game seems to be rounding down numbers).

Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/h4sRQjn.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:18 am 
Yeek

Strange. So now I've reinstalled ToME on Steam, deleted %USERPROFILE%\T-Engine, and it still shows 111%. Also downloaded the free version, deleted %USERPROFILE%\T-Engine again, and set the game to complete offline mode, and it still shows 111%. It's a bug in the game then, I guess?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:29 am 
Wayist

Looks like a game bug, most likely a display bug - I suspect that if you actually try to use e.g. the terrorize talent, you'll get a duration that matches tometips, not the talent desc, but going through the code a bit more, will post a bug report with findings when I manage to narrow it down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:50 am 
Wayist

Okay, so. 1. this is definitely a game-side bug. 2. It is a display bug. Rather, it seems the 32-bit build is showing different numbers than the 64-bit one (on linux). Getting the same numbers as you when I try the 32-bit one. Poking more.

Edited to update that it's a display-only bug, as far as I able to gather. Continuing this in a dedicated thread shortly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 pm 
Yeek

Interesting. Thanks for investigating!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6