ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ode to DarkGod
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm 

Very good game i am having fun with. Found it week ago and still playing. Thank you for your hard work and dedication DarkGod 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:21 am 
Halfling

Awesome game, and to think one guy alone made it. Hats off.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 am 
Wayist

just wanna say huge grats to Darkgod on getting the game on Steam finally, I smiled when I saw it there today :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:00 am 
Archmage

pizdabol wrote:
Awesome game, and to think one guy alone made it. Hats off.

Some other people contributed, as far as I know with graphics, text, ideas, whole classes, sounds, music. To inspire so many and produce such a good result is even more impressive!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:45 am 
Loremaster

cttw wrote:
Some other people contributed, as far as I know with graphics, text, ideas, whole classes, sounds, music. To inspire so many and produce such a good result is even more impressive!

He's also done all the coordination, and the vast majority of the coding. It can't be understated just what a mammoth amount of work DarkGod has put into this.

Which makes the Steam released all the more deserved :) Congrats, DarkGod! May it lead to many fun, steamy things.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:02 pm 
Wayist

Thanks for this awesome game.

Loving it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 pm 
Archmage

Kwibus wrote:
Thanks for this awesome game.

Loving it!

I concur! Such breadth, the diversity of playstyles found within and amongst the various classes is simply staggering! Much love & appreciation to thee, Darkgod!

Ever wonder why Tarelion sends you into the Abashed Expanse instead of a team of archmages lead by himself? They all figured "Eh, might as well toss that violent oaf up in there and see if he manages to kick things back into place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 am 
Master of Eyal

/me bows

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:11 am 
Wayist

PernAngband is the only game I've played longer than ADOM (they kind of go through waves in my game list.) I've even chatted at both of you guys for offers of help at one time or another (I'm the legally blind guy from about *checks watch* nine or ten years ago.) Now you're on Steam (which I bought as soon as I saw it,) and ThomBisk isn't too far behind.

I never thought I'd see the day. I was SURE I'd be blind by the time you guys entered this phase. Excellent work, DarkGod.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:09 am 
Yeek

I am addicted. This game is just beautiful. Having so much fun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:26 am 
Archmage

Me likes master..

I could try to write an ode, but it would end up worse than the childlike poem from the anonymous skeleton in Dreadfall. :wink:

Great respect for anyone developing games in their spare time without being able to live off it. Darkgod not only does that, he actually made it a better game than what you'll buy on the commercial market. Hats off.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm 
Wayist

I don't have a whole lot to add over what others have already said, but this could very well be the best game I own. I have a hard time playing more "traditional" rogue style games after this one. This game is truly a work of art!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:59 am 

I LOVE THIS GAME !

Tome4 is the first roguelike game i played so far, due to my age i guess :p, but i'm a great fan of tactical turn-based games (i played all ff since ffVI, blue lagoon, many 'tales of ...', fire emblems, advance wars, 2 dragon quest, etc) and rpgs, and i have to say, i did never see a game whith such a deep tactical aspect, and so fun to play, than yours, even if the graphics did first hit my young eyes, even if after like 10 characters i didn't go over lvl19, and even if i hate you each time i get one/two-shot by an especially vicious rare/unique mob.

Darkgod, great job, thanks for allowing me experiment a kind of old-school game i didn't know, please continue your amazing work ! ^^

Ps : also thanks to all those kind players that patiently answered all of my newbies question ;)

That said, i'm gonna go die a few times more right now !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:18 am 
Low Yeek

So I've been playing roguelikes for a while and love them. Mostly modern ones, because I like the themes. Then I stumbled across this ancient thing and it smacked me over the table and followed to brainwash me.

Now I'm practically obsessed with this game and godamnit I want more timeline fuckery.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 am 
Uruivellas

I can't believe I haven't left an Ode to Darkgod yet. Why not have some of my shame-tears for your throne, O mighty Leader? :)

I think the consensus is that you've earned them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next