ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:13 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How to continue game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:42 am 
Offline
Wayist

Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm
Posts: 29
So after reinstalling on a new machine, I cannot load a game. I had thought that games were saved to a cloud via GOG, but apparently there was some mistake -- under the menu "load" there is nothing to see (even with "show older" on).
I can, however, see my character by "logging on" and viewing the character vault. This gives a detailed view of the character, including the last battle it was involved in, down to the damage rolls vs. the enemy.
So obviously something has been saved somewhere.
Is there any way to use this information to restore a game? Or do I have to start a new game from scratch? And if so, what is then the point of logging in to view my unusable characters?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to continue game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:47 pm 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 59
Your character saves are located in C:\Users\yourusername\T-Engine\4.0\tome\save.
so if you still have access to your old machine you can transfer over the save files.

The online character vault is just a snapshot of the character and won't help continue the save.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to continue game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:25 pm 
Offline
Wayist

Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm
Posts: 29
Darkgobbo wrote:
Your character saves are located in C:\Users\yourusername\T-Engine\4.0\tome\save.
so if you still have access to your old machine you can transfer over the save files.

The online character vault is just a snapshot of the character and won't help continue the save.


ok thanks for the reply.
I'm afraid I don't have access to the old computer. That means starting new and creating a new character?
Is there any point to "logging on" if everything is only usably locally?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to continue game
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:26 pm 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 59
It can set your profile, so that your unlocks are carried from computer to computer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How to continue game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:23 pm 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 am
Posts: 43
Onomastikon wrote:
So after reinstalling on a new machine, I cannot load a game. I had thought that games were saved to a cloud via GOG, but apparently there was some mistake -- under the menu "load" there is nothing to see (even with "show older" on).
I can, however, see my character by "logging on" and viewing the character vault. This gives a detailed view of the character, including the last battle it was involved in, down to the damage rolls vs. the enemy.
So obviously something has been saved somewhere.
Is there any way to use this information to restore a game? Or do I have to start a new game from scratch? And if so, what is then the point of logging in to view my unusable characters?

AFAIK the only viable cloud save solution so far is to play ToME via Steam and use Steam's cloud save. But then you'd have to buy the game again on Steam.. :(

Darkgobbo wrote:
It can set your profile, so that your unlocks are carried from computer to computer.

Also, you could at least use the saved profile to create a new character using a more or less same build with your previous one. Not that it matters much I suppose..

_________________
Growing old is mandatory..
Growing up, is completely optional.. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group