ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:06 pm 
Uruivellas

Yes, I want to have another go at this. The rationale:

1. Mindcraft in the hands of newbies IMO encourages bad gameplay habits.
2. Mindcraft removes the need for lots of inventory and equipment management.
3. Mindcraft generally makes the game less interesting tactically and strategically.
4. In terms of flavor, different types of Priests should IMO be better differentiated.

Okay, that aside... The plan.

Priests in general
I'm iffy on how the melee stuff works, but I'm thinking it should be changed, so that the starting mace is actually useful. My initial thought is to give all priests a roughly constant number of blows. This way heavier weapons would be favored, but there'd be less melee improvement than for warriors.

Eru Priests
I'm not sure much change is needed here? They already get Manathrust, decent melee and device skills, and higher Spell-power multiplier than any other class. That and better intrinsic melee would make them quite playable.

Manwe Priests
I'd suggest throwing in Dodging skill, because, uh... moving like the wind and stuff, I guess.

Druid
I find it kind of funny that Paladins get Barehand, seeing as martial arts are more typically associated with Druid types in fantasy. Barehand + Summoning would be kind of ludicrous though. I'd ditch Summoning, maybe have Mimicry instead.

Dark-priest
Leave as is, except for possible intrinsic melee changes.

Paladin
Hmm. I want to get rid of Barehand, not sure though. Maybe give them access to Divination just to be nice.

... I'll do some experimenting and see how it goes, I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:18 pm 
Uruivellas

Okay, so for the blows/round thing, the relevant line is

C:B:4:35:3

That third number, "mul", seems to be what dictates starting blows. The second is something to do with weapon weight - maybe the highest weight that permits maximum blows/round? And I think the fi