I'm fairly new to the game. At the beginning the game was very hard to understand. You will find some of my experiences and questions below.
Luckily I found some resources, I will put them here for reference:
* The docs on the website, they are very useful. http://www.t-o-m-e.net/docs.php?tome_current=0
* This forum and the search function, to bad it was hacked so there isn't that much info on it now. http://forums.te4.org/search.php
* There is supposed to be a wiki, but it is down now so I can't use that. http://wiki.t-o-m-e.net/ http://doku.t-o-m-e.net/tome2:frontpage
* Lord Dimwit's Advanced Strategy Guide http://doku.t-o-m-e.net/tome2:ldasg
* Killerbunnies spell/skill/gods spoilers http://www.killerbunnies.org/angband/
* Every adventurer needs a map http://killerbunnies.org/angband/wilder ... ed-2.2.png
* The ever so useful angband ladder http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-browse.php?v=ToME
I still have a few questions:
* God quests: These are given automatically. There is a quest to go find the temple. I search the world map but found nothing in the area indicated by the quest. How do you search for it? Do you have to enter each wilderness square? Most important: What level should I be and how much hit-points should I have for this quest? I don't feel like having *another* unavoidable death.
* General progress: I just found out how nice the vault in the sand worm dungeon is on level 28. I managed to finish barrow down, the orc caves and the old forest. After loosing a promising alchemist in the maze I don't go there anymore. I tried going to moria, but my sorcerer who cleaned the worm dungeon died there to a bunch of casters. I tried going to mirkwood forest, wich is nice because it has princess quests just like barrow down, but it gets hard real fast so I eventually die there. So basically, the questions is, where do I go next and how do I prepare myself?
* Princess quests: Besides barrow down and mirkwood forest, what other area's have these?
* Items: I just found out how nice sorcerers can be, but where can I find some +hp armor? having 100 hp at level 26 just isn't very promising. The bottom levels of the sand worm lair are very good for items, where else can I look (at level ~26)?
* What exactly is the autoscum option? What happens if I put it off.
* Does Ironman become impossible at higher level? Or is it just a neat way of getting more items. /edit never mind I think I found the answer here:
Code: Select all
Qbmgzxjvm (aka Bob), the DeathMold LostSoul Possessor. Retired; the ironman-rooms option wwas just too annoying.
Besides my questions, I have a few comments regarding unavoidable deaths:
* When I first started playing, my characters went to the old forest thinking it was the barrow down, resulting in many dead. couldn't they put it anywhere but to the west, exactly in the direction where the beginner dungeon is?
* Next to barrow down there is another dungeon. Shouldn't be to hard right? If you are not spoiled, entering that dungeon leads to an unavoidable death. Exactly how is this fun after spending allot of time improving your character?
* In gondolin is a similar quest like the one in Bree. Shouldn't be to hard right, sounds kinda fun? Dead. Unavoidable the first time. You go down, the stairs disappear, there is nothing you can do. I must be missing the fun here? A very promising alchemist of me died here. The dungeon in Lothlorien is rather easy compared to Gondolin. If I go to minas, will I die too?
The game is very interesting, I'm glad I came back after abandoning it a while ago (didn't get far then).