Enables faster run/resting by use of FPS dividers.
These dividers simply divide the game's requested FPS by their respective values while resting or running. They can configured by hitting escape and selecting video options. Setting these dividers to something greater than one can substantially reduce the amount of time required to finish resting/running on older computers.
- Requested FPS: 30
- Resting divider: 10 (3 FPS while resting)
- Running divider: 5 (6 FPS while running/autoexploring)
- Added range checks for bogus divider values. (this can happen when the settings are manually changed in the .cfg files or when the FPS is changed from the main menu)
- Added "first run" dialog which pops up when .cfg files are missing.
- Highlighted the relevant fps/divider options in Video Options.
- Fixed "Requested FPS" item in Video Options.
- Initial Revision
This addon was implemented using hooks and superloads, so it should behave nicely with other addons. The one exception is that the RUN_AUTO key bind in ToME is overloaded.
Code: Select all
Hooks: ToME:load ToME:run Superloads: engine.dialogs.VideoOptions generateList engine.interface.PlayerRest restInit restStop engine.interface.PlayerRun runInit runFollow runStop mod.class.Game setupCommands (Note: the RUN_AUTO keybind is overloaded here)