The forums are dying, so do I.
So, I decided to write it down, why not.
Soli is one of my fav class. It's weakness is it sometimes lack the defence wich results in losing too much psi, which in turn results in losing global speed, taking another turn doing nothing, thus taking more damage--->yasd.
Ghoul with it's racial talent called... Ghoul cover this weakness.
Back then, that talent was last to act on incoming damage (and nobody played Ghoul), now it's first, or among first.
Order of which damage shield acts first and which second is important.
If you took 10 K damage hit, and has 50% res 2 K hp and 1 k damage shield, with old Ghoul your @ would have died, with how it works today - survived.
So when changes with Ghoul happened, I hurried to play Ghoul Solipsist.
I wasn't succesfull at first, and it took me too long to figure out right points distribution - notably I'm talking about Feedbac tree after - so 1-2 other guys did it first.
But anyway.
Ghoul has a significant weakness - global speed penalty. Solipsist class covers it.
Solipsist have weakness of losing global speed, resulting in a death spirale, and Ghoul covers it as well.
They have S-tier synergy, resulting in S-tier combo of a @ (although I hate tier-tables).
https://te4.org/characters/35987/tome/4 ... bc0c829b0e
My @ as reference.
Prodidgy: Adept first, Master of Disasters second. Don't thinh there is better option.
Points in Slumber tree (4) are floating. I put it there for hypothetical emergency case, just to take a breath (I think I never used it), 2 poins in Sandman in case some of Soli autohitting talents will hit - like Mind Storm or Backlash or Thought-Form. You coud find better use for them - Psychic Assault, Dream Smith, Thought-Form?
Points in Dream Prison (3) are floating.
Actually now I think, Dream Prison is OK with 1 point only, and you better put 1 point into Light Armor Traning, to get armor Hardness and reduced fatigue, and other point(s) elswhere.
Dreamforge in Dream Forge tree may seems to be a waste, but it's last resort investment, when you need every bit or power.
You will probably want it to proc in Lina figth, didn't you?
Other class and generic points distribution is rather obvious - 5/5/5/5 Solipsism, though I avoided putting 5 points in first talent asap, cause I think it could result in often situations with loss of psi initially, resulting in death spirale, but I think I put 5 points somewhere around lvl 25 or 20.
Early game is TRICKY.
You need some luck to find healing totem rigth in starting dungeon preferably, or in Trollmire at least. Or buying it asap.
Also, you need to think about every point you invest.
This @ is like 7-8 y.o. so I don't rememebr every detail.
I don't like Inner Demons, skipped it.
Why would I if Dischade bolts hit for 2 K damage and with right setup (narrow corridor) bad guy could eat 5-6 of them in 1 turn?
Discharge just melts everything.
First tree I invested in was Dream Hammer for damage, Distortion second for control and occasional debuffs.
I think I went with immediate unlock of Discharge and Dream Forge for my first two cat points, as I did DC and was need every defence I can get.
Curious things - Psychometry gives 100 mindpower lategame. Mind Link gives wopping 60% damage increase.
Along with Lucid Dreamer's 30%+ it's 100% damage increase, don't neglect it.
Projection was useful in Sandworm Lair and in DC I think.
Also it bloats your save, so use only when you really need it.
People often underestimate Dream Forge - it's GOOD, you need it.
My Ghouls Soli failed before I figured out to put 3 point in Biofeedback and Amplification, that was the difference between life and death.
One advice for fun - don't solve the puzzle in the dungeon with orbs.
Instead, be wrong every time untill mobs with God status being summoned, they are like ~180 lvl? Forgot.
Thus you could really test your @ to the limits. You will farm them for fun, just as I did at least dozen of times.
Good luck, have fun.
Strongest Solipsist possible 1.7.6
Moderator: Moderator
Strongest Solipsist possible 1.7.6
English isn't my native language.