A place to post your add ons and ideas for them

Moderator: Moderator

isaacssv552
Wayist

Isaacssv552's Addons

#1 Post by isaacssv552 »

Adjustable Levelup
http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/more_a ... vel_points
Allows the player to customize the leveling process greatly.
Covers:
Scalar multipliers for most stats.
Control of intervals between stat gains.
Control of both location and extent of respecing.
Control of both number and diversity of adventurer categories.
Control over use use of category points to enchance mastery.
Level and stat limits.

CON Buff for Undead
http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/undead_die_at
This addon gives undead die_at when they point points into constitution. It also multiplies the constitution bonus by 1.5 for ghouls. It seemed odd for necromancers to have easy die_at but not actual undead.

Diversity Mod
http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/universalraces
Allows usage of all races in all campaigns. Intended mostly for allowing addon races in embers, but also simplifies the process of adding vanilla races.

Improved Staff of Awakening
http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/caldizar
Makes the Staff of Awakening sentient and lets it upgrade itself with the power of absorbed bosses. I am planning to add additional sentient weapons in the future.
Also adds a quest to make the Sher'Tul fortress fly again and a Sher'Tul race. Both are currently beta. Flight is mostly working, but I may have missed some glitches.
Now adds a merged campaign which includes both the original TOME4 and the DLC expansion. Is currently in an alpha state (i.e. not feature complete) and requires the DLC (for obvious reasons).

Item Vault Tweak
http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/items_deleveled
Just removes restrictions on Item Vault storage. The Spire of Telos or Staff of Absorption will no longer be stuck in your inventory if you aren't using them on a post-game character, you can pass them on.

Arcanum Tweak
http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/force
Arcanum classes with spell/force use spell/aegis instead.
Last edited by isaacssv552 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Melac
Wayist

Re: Isaacssv552's Addons

#2 Post by Melac »

The Sher'Tul stuff could be really interesting, but they're so overpowered you should probably give this the cheat tag.

isaacssv552
Wayist

#3 Post by isaacssv552 »

Melac wrote:The Sher'Tul stuff could be really interesting, but they're so overpowered you should probably give this the cheat tag.
They're very much intended to be optional at this point. I haven't even finished making the talents work 100% (the capstone doesn't always trigger properly) so no balancing at all yet. They also have a 100% experience penalty, so they're intended to have the best racial talents as compensation. If they show up as enemies then I'll fix that, and if you have advice on balance I'll take it into consideration.

Toles of Maine Exits
Wayist

#4 Post by Toles of Maine Exits »

Try as I might, I just cannot get this to work with the everything is unique addon. Is there anything I can do on my end to make it work? It seems like they both overload actor.lua, but I don't think I can take the machete to either of them.

isaacssv552
Wayist

#5 Post by isaacssv552 »

Toles of Maine Exits wrote:Try as I might, I just cannot get this to work with the everything is unique addon. Is there anything I can do on my end to make it work? It seems like they both overload actor.lua, but I don't think I can take the machete to either of them.
None of my addons overload actor.lua. Most of them superload it, but I don't think they even mod the same functions as the unique addon.

sepik121
Wayist

#6 Post by sepik121 »

sorry to necro this from so long ago, but I have a few questions if that'd be alright to ask.

I'm curious about how all the "levers" work within it, specifically what do you mean by "offset"? For example, if I increase the stat gain offset, what would that do? I'm a bit new to this all, so any extra assistance here would be useful.

Oh, one additional question: what is meant by low-level mastery and high level? That would be when you put points into the categories/ability tree as a whole correct? Or is that referring to when you hit levels 10 and 20 as an example.

Thank you for all your help, I'm really interested to use this mod. This seems perfect for adventuring party overall

scsijon
Higher

#7 Post by scsijon »

I'm playing the Sher'Tul race with Adventurer and getting errors on the Main superworld level only.
It's happening when stepping across squares (I have them turned on), and seems to be some interaction with the bazzar addon.

Error png is attached.

Could you advise please.
The workstation involved in playing doesn't have internet access and it's a linux box.

EDIT: and creating the character without bazzar loaded gives the same result but without the line mentioning bazzar.

EDIT2: and disabling everything in additions gives me the same result. I have updated the attachment.
Attachments
shertul.tar.gz
(179.57 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

isaacssv552
Wayist

#8 Post by isaacssv552 »

sepik121 wrote:sorry to necro this from so long ago, but I have a few questions if that'd be alright to ask.

I'm curious about how all the "levers" work within it, specifically what do you mean by "offset"? For example, if I increase the stat gain offset, what would that do? I'm a bit new to this all, so any extra assistance here would be useful.
The offset changes the initial occurrence without altering the distance between occurrences. e.g. Increasing the stat gain offset to 5 would prevent stat growth until level 5.
sepik121 wrote: Oh, one additional question: what is meant by low-level mastery and high level? That would be when you put points into the categories/ability tree as a whole correct? Or is that referring to when you hit levels 10 and 20 as an example.
The vanilla game alters the rate at which mastery points are gained after you hit level 30. To represent this, I allow for customization of low-level and high-level mastery as well as the transition offset.
scsijon wrote:I'm playing the Sher'Tul race with Adventurer and getting errors on the Main superworld level only.
It's happening when stepping across squares (I have them turned on), and seems to be some interaction with the bazzar addon.

Error png is attached.

Could you advise please.
The workstation involved in playing doesn't have internet access and it's a linux box.

EDIT: and creating the character without bazzar loaded gives the same result but without the line mentioning bazzar.

EDIT2: and disabling everything in additions gives me the same result. I have updated the attachment.
The Sher'Tul addon contains some highly experimental content, I was working on a merged campaign (i.e. both Embers and normal in one playthrough). I didn't have this error in 1.5.5 or 1.5.10; it looks like you're missing the Embers DLC. I'm working on a version which makes the DLC optional.

Rukaneo
Wayist

#9 Post by Rukaneo »

Hey Isacc could send a document ro something explain for each function (along with examples) of the addon. I sorta clueless on where to start as don't fully grasp the intervals and offset to alternate and manipulate my levleing scheme.