Enough testing! I'm throwing caution to the wind-- Here you go!
"Odyssey of The Summoner" has received a MAJOR update!! (Version 0.6.1)
*** Version: 0.6.1 ~ "War Hound + the eve of Myths of Maj'Eyal!"
... Whew! Finally!
*** War Hound is now feature-complete! Please play the class once more to enjoy its Reflections story and various improvements to its mechanics and abilities!
- GREATLY modified the way zone "properties" are identified (such as it being "cold" or "outdoors").
*** I spent some time to collect and produce "tags" for each zone in ToME. These can be useful to use for your own mods, if it behooves you!
- I have begun testing the old classes in "Nightmare" difficulty. I feel like I've fleshed out "Normal" enough that I can start examining mechanics for a harder difficulty.
- I have GREATLY tweaked the way I use damage projectors. This means little to a player, but to modders who examine my code or those who wish to mod around my add-on, this is an important notice!
- The Fire Drake's "reflection" will no longer trigger in Daikara if it is currently a volcano.
- Fire Drake now has SEVERAL new reflections-- Particularly, one for each of the "Prides" and various "dragon-related" objects.
*** I noted the distinct lack of "reflections" in the East, which meant training new drakelings was nearly impossible there. This will make it "slightly" easier.
*** Also, as a hint, you'll need TL5 of "Raise Drakelings" in order to trigger many of the object-based reflections!
- Avatars will now witness the appearance of "Myths", strange natural aberrations that have suddenly begun appearing all over Eyal! For the time being, only War Hound can experience sightings of the "dangerous" myths (whom are necessary for its Reflections quest), whilst the other avatars will only see the "safe" ones.
*** In the future, I will release "Myths of Maj'Eyal"-- An add-on that will allow ANY character to experience the FULL range of possible Myths-- Even more than War Hound can currently see!
- War Hound's hidden prodigy is now available.
- Included the Minotaur's reflections unlock reward. Whoops... Forgot to add this!
- Added new donator tiles: Meluetto (Serpent's Ego), Alterix (Dragon's Ego), Solul (Mantis's Ego), Calicule (Wolf's Ego), and Mabu (Bull's Ego)
*** Still haven't given these proper graphics, so as a mild placeholder, I've added these for your convenience. Of course, you'll have to support the game to use them though!
- War Hound now has 2 "Decoration" slots, as well as access to the "Sapient Ones" talent tree. It also starts with a point in "Ambidexterity".
*** Late game for "Natural" War Hounds seemed near impossible. This will help out A LOT.
- Added the "Wolf's Clothing" talent to blighted War Hounds.
- Reworked "Slyness" (again). In summary, it now grants a natural attack that functions to the same effect as the original talent.
- "Blazing Body" now grants a gesturing natural attack that Flameshocks the next melee attacker.
- "Guillotine" now grants a clawing natural attack that finishes off weakened targets.
- "Standoff/Impasse" now grants a gesturing natural attack that scares the next melee attacker back.
- "Provocation" now grants a bashing natural attack that gets stronger if you have a Frenzy effect.
- Removed "Sapient Ones" from non-minotaur classes, since it is now a Worldly Knowledge tree. This was only meant to be a test! Sorry guys!
- The shield produced by "Uuuuuundulate..." no longer depletes unless the damage received is intentional.
- "Thrashing" is now capped at your physical power.
- Reduced the reflection from "Gore" to half, but it now reduces damage you receive from other targets as well!
- Significantly increased the overall turn gain of "Annihilation"
- Added the "Lore" for "Raging Beast". Whoops... Forgot about it!
- "Curry Favor" is now instant-use.
- Just for fun, "Still Giant" now also provides petrification immunity (when used).
- For Treasure Hoarder's Will, reduced the amount of stats gained from "Unknown Forces" objects (from 3.0 to 1.8 )
- "Snarling Roar" now reduces damage from things SUMMONED by the target as well.
- "Beneath The Wake" now remains permanently active while you are in "flooded" zones (Lake Nur, Underwater Cave, etc...)
- Reduced Minotaur's base Wildness (down to 20)
- Reduced Minotaur's talent tree proficiency for both Natural Combat and Inner Animal (NC to 0.9, IA to 0.8 )
- "Helmbreaker" now deals less damage based on the target's rank. Also, if the target is a high rank, it will only deal damage based on their CURRENT life.
- The "rules" of "Bloodhounding" have changed slightly. Scenting will be far more difficult now, but now has many rewards involved.
- SIGNIFICANTLY buffed the damage of War Hound's starting natural attacks; they now scale on Ferocity and Luck. This will allow War Hound to bump MUCH more effectively now!
- "Infuriated Roar" now has a targetting radius to make aiming a little easier.
- "Terrorizing Roar" now has a targetting radius to make aiming a little easier.
- "Cry Resonance" now has a targetting radius to make aiming a little easier.
- "Cry Resonance" now scales on Mind power as well and has a shortened cooldown.
- Reduced the Hate drain of "Wereform" at TL1 from 11 to 6 (nearly twice the duration now)
- TL10 of "Wereform" now fools your own typing as well (allowing you to "Belie" without going into "Pilfering Beast")
*** See details on "Wolf's Clothing"
- Improved the experience bonus of Wolf (War Hound) and Mantis (Ritch) by 5%.
- The Critical Power gained from "Hungry Eyes" has been reduced.
- Reduced the damage amplification of "Pin Down" and extended the effect to 2 turns instead. It now also requires that you are larger than the target.
*** It feels as though this talent is carrying War Hound. I don't want that to be the case.
- "Tolerance" now reduces ANY unintentional damage you would receive during your own turn (while you are "intentional").
*** This means it will protect you from MANY more things, such as "Burning Hex" or various counterattacks.
*** ALSO, because it is now a SEPARATE damage reduction effect, it will experience LESS diminishing returns when used with Torques and such.
- Modified the "Hunting" talent tree so that they (mostly) apply for the entire party. As such, it is now thusly named "Hunting Pack"!
- Toned down the "Willpower" bonus from "Humble Spirit" slightly.
- Certain quest-related talent lores are no longer there if you are not on the quest.
- Rose the "Knowledge" cap for Drakelings to 200. This simply means they can acquire more Cunning, and thus will use talents even more frequently.
- (sorta) Fixed a timing issue when retiring via "Legacy". This caused it to sometimes kill to no effect (because the game thinks there are no more playable characters!)
- Fixed a VERY particular circumstance where The Summoner will think that you are betraying him and will not offer to remove ailments.
- Fixed a bug tht prevented "Headlong Charge" from being used through walls.
- "Hammer Down" now actually PINS targets you hit.
- Somewhat improved the logic for "Thrash About's" displacement.
- "Sacrifice" now checks physical save. Whoops...
- Corrected the wording for learning avatar orb talent trees.
- Fixed a bug where speaking to The Summoner (while NOT an avatar) would give avatar dialogue.
- Fixed a bug which caused "Inner Animal" and "Noble Animal" to NOT function retroactively (sorry!)
- Corrected the text in "Treasure Hoarder's Will" that mentioned received +5 to stats (it was actually +3, and now its +1.8-- See below)
- Fixed a bug where having no secondary heritage would allow you to absorb physical attacks.
- Fixed an error that appears sometimes with AI targetting (this happened OUTSIDE of OoTS...)
- Fixed an issue with "Spectral Blade"... Also made it a little cooler!
- Corrected some wording for "Iron Heart".
- "Solitarity" is no longer a beneficial effect (and thus, can't be manually cancelled)
- "Belie" is now correctly affected by "Increased Stealth Power".
- "Wereform" is now correctly affected by "Increased Stealth Power".
- Fixed a bug with the Ritch reflections quest
- Fixed a bug with "Scent of Blood" not triggering on things that are scented via "Pick Up Scent" after death.
- Fixed an issue with The Summoner not giving you your "Reflections" dialogue if you were betraying him. (SORRY!!!)
- Fixed a bug with Belie/Wereform.... Uhhh, the "saving" events were NEVER triggering, meaning you would ALWAYS successfully save... (._.;;)
- Fixed a bug with performing natural attacks you do not have any of.
- Fixed a bug with how NPCs gained "Wildness" from Natural Combat talents. They will now gain SIGNIFICANTLY more wildness (and thus, have MUCH higher life, regeneration, etc...)
- Replaced some missing code that caused the Reflections unlock to not occur... (This was a really bad one)
- Tweaked the "Intention" logic a bit. Hope this makes things work better, not worse...
- Fixed a bug that caused Fire Drake's heritage to NOT resolve when starting a new character.
- Fixed a TERRIBLE bug that would cause "Blighted" avatars to immediately lose ALL of their life if they damaged an Antimagic Shield while having Damage Reflection. (if you wondered how you suddenly died, this might be why)
I'll level with you a bit though: I added various little things here and there unbeknownst to my tester-- So, albeit highly functional, there's still the possibility of bugginess here and there-- All you have to do is post it here and inform me!
... Anywho-- Sorry to keep you waiting. Enjoy!