[v1.7.0+] Bikini Colors/Thorn Bikini

A place to post your add ons and ideas for them

Moderator: Moderator

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

[v1.7.0+] Bikini Colors/Thorn Bikini

#1 Post by Zizzo »

I threatened to do it, and by golly, I did it. :twisted: And while I was working on it, I had another inspiration. This was on a different character, a Doomelf, and while I was playing with customization, I looked at the dark gray Skin Color 8 and thought, "…this really needs a white bikini instead of pink." And since I was already knee-deep in fiddling with bikini cosmetics, I immediately thought, "Gentlemen, we can recolor this. We have the technology." :mrgreen:

Which brings us to two new addons, Bikini Colors and Thorn Bikini. Thorn Bikini, as promised, is a companion piece to Cathbald's Bristlebarb addon; when you have the Body of the Thorn talent and are (of necessity) not wearing body armor, it modifies the character doll's cosmetics to draw you in a thorn bikini or mankini instead of the default boring undergarments. Bikini Colors is slightly more ambitious: it replaces the "Bikini/Mankini" option in the Customize dialog on the character creation screen with a list of several bikini/mankini colors to choose from, all of which should be functionally identical to the original article for achievement purposes.

Now, I claim no particular artistic skill here. :oops: The various bikinis and mankinis in Bikini Colors are clumsy palette swaps of the original pink bikini and green mankini, and the bikini/mankini graphics in Thorn Bikini are just the character doll images for Nature's Blessing cropped in the shape of a bikini or mankini. And I may have put slightly less effort into making the mankinis look good than for the bikinis. :oops: :wink: But such as it it, I humbly offer it up for your enjoyment.

[Implementation notes (Bikini Colors):]

Code: Select all

Hooks:
  ToME:load [to add our bikinis]
  ToME:PlayerDumpJSON [to clean up charsheet on the way out]
Superload:
  mod.dialogs.Birther:
    customizeOptions() [to ensure that only one bikini can be selected]
[Implementation notes (Thorn Bikini):]

Code: Select all

Hooks:
  ToME:load [to modify the Body of Thorn talent]
  ToME:PlayerDumpJSON [to clean up charsheet on the way out]
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Re: [v1.7.0+] Bikini Colors/Thorn Bikini

#2 Post by Zizzo »

Frequently Asked Questions:

Hey! My bikini isn't showing up right on the character sheet!

That's unavoidable, unfortunately. The characters vault on te4.org obviously doesn't know about our custom bikini/mankini images, and in their absence the character doll image on your online character sheet would probably end up naked. While we suppose that might appeal to some, :| we prevent it by modifying the character sheet for export to the server, replacing our custom bikini/mankini graphics with the corresponding default graphics. We Apologize for the Inconvenience.™

Zizzo
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Re: [v1.7.0+] Bikini Colors/Thorn Bikini

#3 Post by Zizzo »

v1a adds something that I'm frankly ashamed didn't occur to me before: chainmail bikinis! :mrgreen: For all your Red Sonja needs. These are in fact distinct items from regular bikinis/mankinis (though they confer the same achievement), counting as heavy armor and conferring the same armor and defense as iron mail armor (half the fatigue, though, for obvious reasons :wink: ).

[Disclaimer: As before, I have no artistic skills. The doll image for chainmail bikinis/mankinis is basically the upper and lower pieces for voratun mail armor cropped to the shape of a bikini/mankini, and I have no idea how a chainmail mankini would even work. :shock: For entertainment purposes only, basically.]

[Disclaimer²: I couldn't figure out a way to make this cosmetic only available to characters that start with a point in Heavy Armor Training, so yes, this does technically mean you can use chainmail bikinis with characters who shouldn't be able to wear one. I leave that to your conscience.]