And I think
I've got that sorted out, so it's time to set a new record for fewest commits between releases:
Release 0.6.1 "Reality Trouble"
This is an emergency bugfix release, fixing one major show-stopper bug:
- So, remember that clever hack from the 0.6.0 release that I was so proud of, that would prevent onsters from being populated in a town/wilderness zone too close to where the player enters? Well, it turns out it wasn't as clever as I thought… See, when you return to a town from a town quest subzone (like, say, the house quest… ), your entry point into the town is supposed to be the quest entrance you're returning from, and we were computing that on the assumption that the level had already been built — and the whole point of this exercise is that we're doing this before the level is built. I think I've managed to work around the problem.
- Dunno if this counts as a bug, but it annoyed me: in T4, the inventory dialog is not closed when you put on or take off equipment. We, for no reason I can recall, were closing said dialog in those cases, and I was used to the T4 behavior enough that it annoyed me, so now it doesn't. We Apologize for the Convenience.™
And that massive @#$%-up was of course obscuring all the other bugs I no doubt introduced in the 0.6.0 release, so they'll probably crop up next.
As always, here is a good place to report said bugs.
And as always, the .team file for the release
is available from my site, along with the Subversion repo
and SVN::Web front-end
thereto. And for those of you following along on SVN, the 0.6.1 release branch
will get bug fixes for all the aforementioned inevitable bugs.
And since having them scattered throughout the thread is sort of useless, here's a reference list of all the T2 addons I've released:
- Alchemic Arcanorum (current release 1.0.0): Starts Alchemist characters with an Alchemic Arcanorum object from my old ToME:Arcanorum T2 module, which can be used to store and extract essences.
- Gender Parity (current release 1.0.1): Modifies assorted NPCs that don't particularly have to be male or female so that they can be either randomly.
- Go to Landmark (current release 1.0.1): A quickie port of my T4 addon of the same name; allows you to auto-travel to various landmarks like stores or up/down stairs via the "Show known landmarks" action on the <Esc> menu.
- Neutral Townsfolk (current release 1.0.0): As requested by Thorondor. Modifies a few of the more harmless town denizens into the "Neutral" faction so they don't pester you.
- ZAngband Monsters (current release 1.0.1): Adds ZAngband monsters (hence the name). Untested.
- Gondolin Book Store (current release 1.0.0): Also as requested by Thorondor. Adds a book store to Gondolin (hence the name…).
Did I say I'd be fixing massive bugs for a while?
Still taking feature requests, though.