ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Doctornull wrote:
Much like the Naga Gate at the end of the Sun Paladin quest, I'm unable to auto-walk to tentacle trees.

I can zoom the map to them, which is very helpful, but it'd be even nicer if they could be targeted for walking.

Hmm, if you can show it on the map, what happens if you click on the tree? Because that's what the addon is simulating internally.

Doctornull wrote:
Maybe it's because they're impassible terrain? The A* engine can't figure out a path into that tile, because the tile itself isn't walkable?

That's what I've always assumed the problem was. It's never been particularly good at getting to stores in Elvala or Last Hope from the entrance, for instance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:03 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

When I click a tree, it's a dialog box pop-up like visiting a store or talking to an NPC.

Zizzo wrote:
That's what I've always assumed the problem was. It's never been particularly good at getting to stores in Elvala or Last Hope from the entrance, for instance.

I know you can navigate to things that are impassible, like dialog NPCs and the sewer grates under Troll Pirate Town in EoR.

Would it be possible to have that as a fallback algorithm, if A* into the tile fails? Maybe navigate to a random adjacent tile?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:07 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Doctornull wrote:
Would it be possible to have that as a fallback algorithm, if A* into the tile fails? Maybe navigate to a random adjacent tile?

[sound F/X: testing] …well, I'll be damned. I don't have any tentacle trees handy to test specifically, but the simple precaution of aiming for an adjacent passible grid if the landmark terrain is itself impassable rockets me straight to Ungrol's home in Last Hope and Marus's home in Elvala, neither of which has ever worked before. I'm pushing that out as v5e; let me know if this fixes your problem.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Zizzo wrote:
Doctornull wrote:

[sound F/X: testing] …well, I'll be damned. I don't have any tentacle trees handy to test specifically, but the simple precaution of aiming for an adjacent passible grid if the landmark terrain is itself impassable rockets me straight to Ungrol's home in Last Hope and Marus's home in Elvala, neither of which has ever worked before. I'm pushing that out as v5e; let me know if this fixes your problem.

Thanks!

I'll poke it when I have a chance and report back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:05 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Zizzo wrote:

Coral Portal (the Gates of Dawn starting zone final boss trigger) works perfectly now, and that was the same issue as the tentacle trees, so I think everything's good now.

Thank you for the update!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:10 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Pushing out v5e.1, which adds the tunnel weakness at the end of the Kruk Pride tunnels as a recognized landmark. Also, in EoR, the Sunwall Observatory's entry in the landmark list was kind of long and got a bit cropped; we now tweak the dialog width as needed to prevent that from happening.