[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal • View topic - Tryb's wins: New: Odd Dorf Bulwark

ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:37 am 
Thalore

Last edited by Tryble on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 17 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:41 am 
Thalore

Oh, yeah!

I noticed on the statistics that there are 2,700,000 characters...and 3,200 winners.

Is that for real? The percentage of characters that win is approx .12%? That's crazy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 am 
Uruivellas

Congrats on the win, and thanks for the detailed analysis. I'm going to have to try Steamroller for the lulz.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:21 am 
Sher'Tul

By looking at your description on Fungus regeneration I think you might have missed one ease of life part of it.

Equip 2 regeneration infusions and set both on auto use whenever possible, enemies or not. This will basically let you play the game with regeneration always on without you having to do anything.
It also lowers your equilibrium when doing that.

There are quirks though, like enemies forcing you on infusions saturation and stuff. At will use of regen is more reliable IF you're a careful player but for most ordinary folk the auto use will prove superior.

Next time try both and see which works for you better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:20 am 
Halfling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 pm 
Sher'Tul

Not to play the devil's advocate but he said .12%.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:09 pm 
Halfling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:24 pm 
Thalore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:11 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

It's not actually that many failures, though, exactly. A lot of characters just don't finish a game, despite not dying or hitting a roadblock or anything. I probably make 8-10 characters for every character that actually loses a life, ferex, and fully tap out an adventure mode character maybe once in 30-40 characters that get around to dying any, if that. I just did a clean install to see about fixing some addon conflicts, but before that there were something like fifty or sixty save folders sitting in my T4 data that were just kinda' languishing. Most of them never got killed, I just got bored or distracted (either by wanting to try another build, running into bug issues, or something besides T4) and went on to do something else. Lot of 'em weren't recorded in the vault, but still, I don't believe that's a particularly unusual behavior pattern.

Basically, there's a great heaping mound of false positives in that character count if you're looking to consider the disparity as failures vs successes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:01 am 
Halfling

I just think that most people probably tend to play the difficulty level that is just too difficult for them (that's what I do, anyway). As soon as you win on some difficulty setting, why play it again if you can crank it up a bit. Hence mostly failures in the statistic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:45 pm 
Thalore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:23 am 
Uruivellas

Sun Paladin is one of my favorite classes. I've gotten to level 30+ on Insane/Roguelike with one, although I haven't won with it yet since I only played it on Insane. One thing to consider is using a short staff + shield instead of sword. It's not strictly better since there are some really nice artifact swords, but staff is nice on a defensive build because it boosts your spellpower and procs. It seems to be a lot easier to roll crit chance and crit multiplier on staves compared to conventional weapons.

As for race, I think Shalore is one of the best options. Timeless helps with both effects management and cooldowns, while the speed buff prevents you from needing to spec Blinding Speed, and you may not even need to unlock Technique/Combat Techniques if you don't need the other talents. If you make another Paladin you may want to try it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 am 
Thalore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:25 am 
Thalore

Not really certain what to play next. I don't want to try Nightmare just yet; there's still a lot of classes to check out. Maybe see just how bad Rogue really is?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:00 am 
Sher'Tul

Rogue isn't bad, you just have to be careful. You could try winning with a ghoul rogue... And be the third person to do so.